P500 Which one...heading out Saturday for a P500

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Both P500's are 2015's.

The red one has 3200 miles. Appears to be a clean machine (I have more pics) Needs tires though. No other accessories other than that box. Price $5,500 (negotiated). Asking price was $6k. They would also deliver within 15 miles of me.

00Q0Q 3VrL5E6It8c 600x450 zpswpx2y72w

Next one is a 2015 Also. Camo 700 Miles 27" Tires and ITP wheels. Missing a center cap (oddly I have spare SS center caps from my old Grizzly). Looks like a Moose roof, homemade windshield, radio and speaker, winch. Asking price $7,500. Will take $6,800. I'm guessing ridden a little bit harder. I talked for a long while with him as well. Good guy, works as a refrigeration mechanic (hence the trailer in the background). Claims he doesn't use it enough and is sick of making payments on something that sits (I can relate). Overtime, I'd swap out the tires, get a different windshield, and the Honda rear tray.

IMG 4866 zpspnqupumb

It's a $1300 difference. I'm torn! I can argue either one. I'm going to see the camo one on Saturday it's 2 hrs from me. I will have cash burning a hole in my pocket. The $5500 is way the heck up in Maine. They will deliver to me. But I'd be essentially buying it sight unseen. It's from a dealership. He knows the previous owner. Older gentleman who traded it in on new Grizzly. Says he wanted to go back to ATV's. He would give me his number to talk to him.

What say you my friends?

Reactions: rocmar
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I should add...I get little windows of opportunity to do this. So when the wife opens the door and says I need to act.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I certainly know that could go array. But I've done it in the past. I even sold my last dirt bike 2014 Husqvarna FE501 sight unseen to a guy outside of Portland OR. He even paid for shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Both P500's are 2015's.

The red one has 3200 miles. Appears to be a clean machine (I have more pics) Needs tires though. No other accessories other than that box. Price $5,500 (negotiated). Asking price was $6k. They would also deliver within 15 miles of me.

View attachment 25561

Next one is a 2015 Also. Camo 700 Miles 27" Tires and ITP wheels. Missing a center cap (oddly I have spare SS center caps from my old Grizzly). Looks like a Moose roof, homemade windshield, radio and speaker, winch. Asking price $7,500. Will take $6,800. I'm guessing ridden a little bit harder. I talked for a long while with him as well. Good guy, works as a refrigeration mechanic (hence the trailer in the background). Claims he doesn't use it enough and is sick of making payments on something that sits (I can relate). Overtime, I'd swap out the tires, get a different windshield, and the Honda rear tray.

View attachment 25562
G E T T H E B L U E O N E !

It's a $1300 difference. I'm torn! I can argue either one. I'm going to see the camo one on Saturday it's 2 hrs from me. I will have cash burning a hole in my pocket. The $5500 is way the heck up in Maine. They will deliver to me. But I'd be essentially buying it sight unseen. It's from a dealership. He knows the previous owner. Older gentleman who traded it in on new Grizzly. Says he wanted to go back to ATV's. He would give me his number to talk to him.

What say you my friends?

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Camo,doesn't need much to go. With the accessories and lower miles makes it better.

Reactions: Tflynn
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both P500's are 2015's.

View attachment 25561

View attachment 25562

What say you my friends?

Vote for camo and low miles , plus add ons and wheels. No rush, check how many posted for sale , I bet he would come down to 6500$.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wheels, tires, camo , roof, winch come to 1000$ and low miles counts even more!!!

Look also that dealer low balled that old man when trade in and added 1500$ at least on top, plus you will need new tires.

Plus that old man was not a member of hondasxs :),

If it was 4000$ no question asked

For camo p500, try to bargain more. 2016 now on sale from dealer for as low as 7400$ in southern states

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Seems like the hands down favorite is the Camo.

Anything specific to look for other than the obvious like cv boots, undercarriage damage. Making it sure and shifts good.

How to you check the air filter and oil on these bikes. I'd like to go there looking a bit educated.

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Seems like the hands down favorite is the Camo.

Anything specific to look for other than the obvious like cv boots, undercarriage damage. Making it sure and shifts good.

How to you check the air filter and oil on these bikes. I'd like to go there looking a bit educated.

Check the oil for metal or water and then run it like you stole it. It's a Honda, it will run forever.

Reactions: rocmar and doolin64
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, just ask him to show u how to change oil, or change yourself , drain it and this will be your point zero for oil.

U said 700 miles, so this is right for 2 and oil check, 1- 100 miles , then very 600, so next 700 miles.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Both P500's are 2015's.

View attachment 25561

View attachment 25562

What say you my friends?
Get the camo ride.

Reactions: JTW and doolin64

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!