P1000 Which windshield for 2022 Pioneer?

GROR

GROR

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 15, 2021
Castle Dale, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered a custom window from bent metal off road Bent Metal Off road I'll post pictures when I get it installed.
New windsheild from Bent Metal Off Road installed today... three minutes to install.

20220618 173118

GROR

GROR

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 15, 2021
Castle Dale, Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the honda two peice on my last sxs but it flopped around so bad it drove me crazy...does the super ATV two piece move at all

Reactions: Backwoods
Redhead10082

Redhead10082

Apr 30, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would like one that can flip up. Any thoughts?
I have one on my '21 SE and I love it! I took the Honda roof off and installed the Super ATV tinted roof. I had to trim the front of the roof off some so the windshield opens all the way! You can run it all the way open on rough terrain with no problems! The only time I was concerned was bucking a 40 mile an hour headwind with it open all the way. It flexed a little more than I felt comfortable with so I just closed it! The shocks that come with it hold it open without any problems. The only downside is to get the windshield you have to get the whole cab kit. At the time I thought I wouldn't like it but I'm sure glad I went with the DFK kit! Make sure you get the windshield washer wiper option!

20220619 175909

Last edited:
T

Tim_Grahn

Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Lakemoor, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one on my '21 SE and I love it! I took the Honda roof off and installed the Super ATV tinted roof. I had to trim the front of the roof off some so the windshield opens all the way! You can run it all the way open on rough terrain with no problems! The only time I was concerned was bucking a 40 mile an hour headwind with it open all the way. It flexed a little more than I felt comfortable with so I just closed it! The shocks that come with it hold it open without any problems. The only downside is to get the windshield you have to get the whole cab kit. At the time I thought I wouldn't like it but I'm sure glad I went with the DFK kit! Make sure you get the windshield washer wiper option!

View attachment 339802
Did your windshield and wiper kit come with decent instructions? I can’t find more than a couple crappy photos on the website. Windshield took me 3 hours and I’m very happy with it. The wiper kit is a bit more complicated.

Reactions: Smitty335
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a fixed Seizmik with two vents. It's been fine and doesn't have dings in the poly.
Next time I'm probably going with glass and a wiper mount.
Still, happy with what I have so far.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would like one that can flip up. Any thoughts?
I live in Washington on the rainy side of the Cascades. I like the flip up but it was nearly impossible to find wipers that weren't a full 90 degree sweep. The distance between the metal bracket that holds the flip up handle the the windshield mounts on the upper outsides was less than 90 degrees so I figured one or both would chew up my wiper blades. I finally found wiper motors that allow you to adjust the travel distance of the sweep. When the weather gets better its just 2 allen screws per wiper to remove the wiper arms allowing the window to open.
I used a step drill bit to go through the windshield.

20220625 121741 20220625 122417 20220625 122432

Reactions: russknight
Redhead10082

Redhead10082

Apr 30, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did your windshield and wiper kit come with decent instructions? I can’t find more than a couple crappy photos on the website. Windshield took me 3 hours and I’m very happy with it. The wiper kit is a bit more complicated.
If you go on dfk's website I found a fairly detailed list of pictures and instructions. For the most part it was fairly basic on the washer wiper. I decided to put the washer fluid box underneath the driver's seat because I had a second battery installed I just installed it where I wanted it and ran all the wiring and hose from there.

T

Tim_Grahn

Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Lakemoor, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There no no instructions for attaching the wiper kit to the windshield, which was fun. I flirted with installing the reservoir under the driver seat, but I use that for storage and did not want to extend the harness wires. I ended up removing the air intake box and cutting out some of the lower side of the body/box to fit it low enough. Also, I didn’t want to have to remove the seat and rubber mat every time I need to add washer fluid.

T

Tim_Grahn

Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Lakemoor, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks nice, but they’re a little pricey.
Definitely pricey, but very well made. I’m happy with the result, just took longer than expected with some additional hardware and minor fab to get it to work for the setup on my ‘18.

Reactions: PJon
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 339802
You can buy just the windshield and it will fit with the Honda factory top and hard doors. That's what I have.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

View attachment 339802

I solved that problem with this modification>

Mod1

Mod2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!