P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Found the problem with the brake lines. Tie rod was hitting the line at full lock without the steering stops on the SATV arms. The lines need to go over the upper a arm towards the ball joints and don't use the existing mounts.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Tie rod nuts were also loose. They are not castle nuts but have Carter pins. Will get some castle nuts for them.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The fam came up Friday night and got to ride Saturday. Got to ride to the top of the world and a night ride around the creek on 18 I think down the road.

IMG 20170429 132120085

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves and that makes it all worth it (making memories thats what we do best)

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tie rod nuts were also loose. They are not castle nuts but have Carter pins. Will get some castle nuts for them.
Mine were loose too couple of months ago. I noticed the steering felt kinda funny and I found one barely hanging on by the cotter pin. That scared the crap outta me cause we were just on the road running 45mph.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It was an easy paint job! Ran through the creek Sat night, pressure washed at camp Sun morning, went through a bad rain storm on the way home and spent $10 at the car wash yesterday and its still dirty...

Well, since you earned it.............. it looks even better!!!!!

Reactions: pct
advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Think I just dug dinosaur bones out from around the skid plate lol. Drained all the oil and everything looked great. I was worried after having the engine open for a week and having to do the case grinding for the IGR. Also had the front diff grinding the first night out, the cables were loose for the 4 wheel drive and not engaging. Planned to drive it for an hour before royal blue then change the oil but ran out of time. Only got one lap around the yard before loading it on the trailer.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found the problem with the brake lines. Tie rod was hitting the line at full lock without the steering stops on the SATV arms. The lines need to go over the upper a arm towards the ball joints and don't use the existing mounts.
When I was trying to winch my wheel back into position I noticed the less than desirables brake line routing on front arms. They won't be like that when I install new arms.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Couple of updates. Powder coated the beadlocks and front skid and checked clearance. Working on a new exhaust and cover to be able to mount the rear winch. A little dual action going on! Bunch of lights mounted and backup cam mounted.

IMG 20170527 031544988

IMG 20170604 010505337

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!