P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I do like the way it sounds! I know for me if it's too loud it will probably get old but that does sound pretty good.

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I do like the way it sounds! I know for me if it's too loud it will probably get old but that does sound pretty good.

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)
I'm going to do another baffle inside the muffler. It's not to bad easing around but she talks when you open her up! Does have a different sound than before. Kinda sounds similar to my Ducati. Feels like a lot more air coming out of the tailpipes at idle than before. Feels peppier also.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds GOOD.... does remind me of a my old RC51 I loved the sound of that and my 800 VFR.

I'm on the fence to whether I'd get old or not.
Totally read my mind on the sound similarity. More RC51ish than Ducati in my opinion. A little less thumpish than the Duck (did that even make sense? Lol). Love the sound just needs toned down a few decibels. Best sounding inline twin EVER!! Exact reason I removed my stereo.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good might be a tad loud for the ones behind you HaHa Great work

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Getting close to wrapping up the rear winch, exhaust, tow hooks & cover. Going to try to build a bumper off the aluminum sleeves on the steel rod between the cage mounts. Am going to try to let the bumper rotate on the tube and connect it the the bed so it rotates down when the bed dumps.

IMG 20170716 004727720

IMG 20170715 230234969

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting close to wrapping up the rear winch, exhaust, tow hooks & cover. Going to try to build a bumper off the aluminum sleeves on the steel rod between the cage mounts. Am going to try to let the bumper rotate on the tube and connect it the the bed so it rotates down when the bed dumps.

View attachment 49259

View attachment 49260
Love it man. You never disappoint.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good, I'm going to copy yours or joeys exhaust when I get around to putting the rear winch on. Full vents have me slightly less afraid of finding a deep mud hole on accident, right @lee on accident, so I have a feeling the rear winch is going to come in handy.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 49259

View attachment 49260
Very nice, the shock set up you gave me is great, THANKS!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!