P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Dang. Been a year since she has been moving... New battery, wheels and washing and good to go. Forgot how quick this thing was with talon parts haha.

20210604 184526

20210821 164427

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I miss watching the build as it progressed. No one out there building pioneers like you Did. Mine is currently waiting on a insurance claim as I was in a head on with it. If they total it, I'm damn sure going to buy it back and use the guts for a new idea I've been kicking around for a year 😉

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I miss watching the build as it progressed. No one out there building pioneers like you Did. Mine is currently waiting on a insurance claim as I was in a head on with it. If they total it, I'm damn sure going to buy it back and use the guts for a new idea I've been kicking around for a year 😉
Yea I saw that on fb. Sucks but glad yall are OK.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
U ready? Only 5 years later haha.

I have the front tabs CAD'ed out if u need and a design for dual front upper mounts.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, I read this whole 52 page thread over the last few days, amazing. I feel like a piker for even posting my build thread, but I was comforted by the thought that everyone else would be as well. lol.

Beautiful work @snuffnwhisky - so what's the latest? I saw you just recently pulled her out of mothball status. Were you all in on the Talon, or on to other interests?

I've noticed that you, @joeymt33 and @ohanacreek used to be huge contributors here, but all have kind of faded back. Thanks to all of you for your contributions, I've learned a lot!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Appreciate it. I went to the dark side about a year ago and bought a KRX so the Honda has been holed up in the barn for a while. She is running again. Dont really have anymore plans for it besides using it around the house and a backup rig if needed.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know you're aware there's another forum about "other brands" or something like that on here. Start a thread over there and show us what you've got and what you're up to. We'd all love to see it!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I know you're aware there's another forum about "other brands" or something like that on here. Start a thread over there and show us what you've got and what you're up to. We'd all love to see it!
I would but some of the Honda guys get butthurt over the other brands even in the "other brands" part of the forum lol.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, I read this whole 52 page thread over the last few days, amazing. I feel like a piker for even posting my build thread, but I was comforted by the thought that everyone else would be as well. lol.

Beautiful work @snuffnwhisky - so what's the latest? I saw you just recently pulled her out of mothball status. Were you all in on the Talon, or on to other interests?

I've noticed that you, @joeymt33 and @ohanacreek used to be huge contributors here, but all have kind of faded back. Thanks to all of you for your contributions, I've learned a lot!
I kinda ran out of stuff to do to it...and things to say. 23k posts, if I haven't said it by then I'm not sure anything else would be of value.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!