P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
yeah, looking damn good snuff... have you had much time to test the elkas? do you feel it was money well spent? I have some coming this week and feel like my expectations might be too high...
Got about 30 miles on them. I need to quit working on it and drive it! I only spent about an hour adjusting and riding. Almost wrecked it jumping an off camber jump. Ass end went about 3' to the right in the air running 30 mph. I pulled the sway bar when I put the shocks on. Feels a lot more stable that before. The fronts were a major upgrade. Feels like the harder u ride it the better they do. Still need to do some back to back in a stocker. Very happy so far and zero noise out of them.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Got the snorkel painted up and done.

IMG 20161216 211343049

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Insulating all the panels I can. Too much noise inside when I added the windshield and roof and should help with heat. That's the vertical wall of the floor board. Don't think I can do the floorboard. It's got a bunch of stiffener ribs molded in. Using dynamat type insulation and closed cell foam on top of it.

IMG 20161223 202944785

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Got a few thing almost done. Battery mounted, battery switch mounted, battery fuse mounted, blower mounted, and speaker amp mounted below the pic.

IMG 20161229 221520367

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You've been busy Snuff! Looking good. Where the amp going?

Reactions: sharp and pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I mounted it right under where it's sitting. Didn't get a pic. Was a bitc* to mount. Bolted to the bottom of the top seat frame.

Ok I gotcha I'll bet that was a b****! Tunes are worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and pct
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Well hell! Silly me was thinking id be happy with some decent tires and shocks and maybe some Little odds and ends. Now I'm
Pricing arched arms, elkas and wondering if the local fab shop can build me a sweet ass cage... you guys are the worst! Too bad I'm not in Mobile anymore @snuffnwhisky my
Inlaws are in Gadsden and out at Smith Lake. I'd love to see your ride in person!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I mounted it right under where it's sitting. Didn't get a pic. Was a bitc* to mount. Bolted to the bottom of the top seat frame.
Did the same thing! Mounted amp upside down and attached two small pieces of angle iron to use as mounting surface! Ran it all year like that through water and mud with no issues!;)

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Well hell! Silly me was thinking id be happy with some decent tires and shocks and maybe some Little odds and ends. Now I'm
Pricing arched arms, elkas and wondering if the local fab shop can build me a sweet ass cage... you guys are the worst! Too bad I'm not in Mobile anymore @snuffnwhisky my
Inlaws are in Gadsden and out at Smith Lake. I'd love to see your ride in person!
My business is on the road that runs into Smith lake. Couple of miles away.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!