P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Started tweaking the evo rubber. Going to do 2 tires first and see how they do. Going to do some siping also.

IMG 20161130 224000372

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Coming nicely! I really like the looks of that setup Snuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. U got me thinking about side windows da*it... deff got to do a mid panel now with the roof and windshield. Low pressure area now sucks all the debris in. Had a guy at the dragstrip that had a 2 into 1 turbo Cummings mustang call cumstang. YouTube it! Most awesome thing ever.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Was having to throw NOS to it to get it to spool. Think he broke 3 input shafts coming out to my track.
There's a local guy here running an '06 4x4 with 12v running 9's. It's his daily driver.Thats the best I've seen around here. It takes 100 pounds of boost to get that 4+ ton truck down the track. He's also had a problem with 2500 torque breaking transmissions so I could see where maybe that Mustang was having "slight issues " with shafts lol. Some people have too much time and money however I wouldn't mind a little of both.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Definitely need sound on that video. 100 # of boost sounds like a jet taking off. Especially 10' away! Crazy how that motor can take it. Video doesn't do it justice.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Definitely need sound on that video. 100 # of boost sounds like a jet taking off. Especially 10' away! Crazy how that motor can take it. Video doesn't do it justice.

Was he running nos or propane? I've never seen a dual setup.

Reactions: sharp and pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mine are both still pretty mellow as far as 12v goes I've not been wanting to crank um up too far I really just prefer 24mpg and 75% more torque it seems so much cheaper I do not understand the need of 2000 plus to the tires on something pulling a Pioneer but maybe I'm getting old lmfao.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What are you planning for mid and windows ?

Reactions: pct
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
What are you planning for mid and windows ?

Yea that's just ridiculous. Probably 1/8" lexan tapped into cage for the rear. I tried to keep it flat for that purpose. Thinking about my drag car side windows using 3/8" chrome moly tubing for a frame with lexan. Could do a female tube coming out of the door with 2 male pins off the window frame to slide the whole thing in. Maybe a top latch like a drag car to pull the top in. Or just do a whole door. Hinges kind of suck. @joeymt33 was telling me about foaming inside them to stiffen.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Foam really helps! Probably hold an additional 25 maybe. After building the inside brackets I totally filled the doors they are more solid with the added weight then before there is no flop in the hinges anymore. Originally planned on using headrest posts but proved flimsy. Really wanted that to work
.Aluminum would work well for framework but I still can't tig lol I'm missing the mid as well and will want that too the fabric will work but different might be nice. got the back figured out I think but damn that mid.
Anyways huge props on that cage! I love it. Really nice job you can just see the time and skill. Nice job it'll be fun to watch the rest.

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Foam really helps! After building the inside brackets I totally filled the doors they are more solid with the added weight then before there is no flop in the hinges anymore. Originally planned on using headrest posts but proved flimsy. Really wanted that tough. Aluminum would work well for framework but I still can't tig lol I'm missing the mid as well and will want that too the fabric will work but different might be nice. got the back figured out I think but damn that mid.

I was waiting on your window gullwing photo...

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
When I was looking at the Honda to buy, the most disappointing thing I noticed off bat was the doors. Not to bad now and a lot better than I expected but could have been better especially for window options.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think for the most part the doors are pretty decent but foamed hinges help a lot! I wish they had given us a better upper only option. I had the fabric and it did a pretty good job but was always hard to zip up because of the window shape and I wanted something more ridged. Hard doors stick out away from the body so we'd be ripping them off constantly in the woods. I knew I'd be building uppers even before I chopped the top but they needed to fit inside the ROPS. No regrets on the chop though it needed it. Yours is just exceptional with cage design and in some ways will open you up to better for options For building. She'll come out cool

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya I've NEVER heard a Cummins sound like that did before takeoff! That wasn't diesel it was it jet powered lol.

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ya I've NEVER heard a Cummins sound like that did before takeoff! That wasn't diesel it was it jet powered lol.

I watched that video 3 times last night and now twice today. It's amazing.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!