Who has insurance on their SXS?

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have safeco, had to get crazy insurance to finance (1/2 of purchase price) because the bank could not tell us exactly what was needed. Over $1000 a year right now. Keep putting off shopping around and finding out how much we really need. Homeowners and auto insurance wouldn't help us.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have safeco, had to get crazy insurance to finance (1/2 of purchase price) because the bank could not tell us exactly what was needed. Over $1000 a year right now. Keep putting off shopping around and finding out how much we really need. Homeowners and auto insurance wouldn't help us.
Same boat had to put it on farm little high

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the homeowners declaration on the pioneer with a value of $17,000 and extras valued at 1700. The yearly price is 160 and includes off site liability. Eact same price as my rzr4 900 was.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$408..State Farm, the full boat. Comp, liability, collision includes medical and then some....
Friend!$$:( is our insurance agent.

But if I decide to come undone and take out some anti I4wd people, I have the comfort knowing...I'm covered..;)

We have Statefarm for everything else but Progressive for the SxS it was 30% of state farms price for full coverage and full coverage on the LONG list of accessories.

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you have insurance, and have a major wreck, most insurance companies now require a police report to confirm that alcohol was not involved. My buddy rolled his Can Am really bad, and ended up eating the total loss even though he had insurance...no police report, no pay-out.

Reactions: rtn001
P

PNWGuy

If you have insurance, and have a major wreck, most insurance companies now require a police report to confirm that alcohol was not involved. My buddy rolled his Can Am really bad, and ended up eating the total loss even though he had insurance...no police report, no pay-out.

Sounds fishy... Worked as an auto claims adjuster for 6 years for USAA and am pretty sure the insurance company cannot make up it's own rules about police reports. All insurance companies are controlled by the state insurance commission in the particular state in which the policy is written.

Denying coverage for failure to have a police report due to a recreational vehicle accident is outright fraud on the part of the insurance company.

LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have Statefarm for everything else but Progressive for the SxS it was 30% of state farms price for full coverage and full coverage on the LONG list of accessories.
Exactly. We have Alfa for homeowners.they couldn’t get close.

Reactions: rtn001 and BWAF
P

PNWGuy

Some companies have wording in their policies that will deny coverage if a driver was driving drunk. Some companies also require a police report in the event of major damage or injury.

Was the UTV being operated on a public road? Most police agencies won't respond to an accident involving a recreational vehicle unless there were extensive injuries.

The guy that was denied coverage in PA needs to file a complaint with the state insurance commissioner's office...

https://www.insurance.pa.gov/Consumers/File a Complaint/Pages/default.aspx

Insurance companies absolutely FEAR the insurance commissioner's office because they carry a big stick when it comes to how the company operates in that state. If you have issues with your coverage or a claim, threaten to contact your state's Insurance Commission office and it usually gets results.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Full coverage from State Farm

P

PNWGuy

Actually looked up the Progressive policy for WA state. Should be pretty close for most states, but the devil is often in the details when it comes to insurance policies.

If you have Progressive, you can go to their website, log in, and look up your policy coverages and Exclusions...

Go to the ID cards/Documents tab, then View Documents. Use the drop-down menu to select Policy Contracts. It loads a PDF file that is 36 pages long.

Prog1

I went to section VI - Duties after an accident or loss, and it was pretty standard contract language. They do require a police report if the incident involves vandalism or theft or if you can't identify the other party involved.

Prog2

Prog3

The list of the Exclusions after each coverage is also where the devil is in the details of coverage. Nothing out of the ordinary here, either...

Prog4

Prog5

P

PNWGuy

Now from what I've read, some companies are denying coverage due to DUIs because they are arguing that a DUI is an intentional act and is therefore excluded.

But, Progressive says it must be a CRIMINAL act and not simply a traffic violation, which is what DUIs are classified as...

Prog6

Prog7
Prog5

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds fishy... Worked as an auto claims adjuster for 6 years for USAA and am pretty sure the insurance company cannot make up it's own rules about police reports. All insurance companies are controlled by the state insurance commission in the particular state in which the policy is written.

Denying coverage for failure to have a police report due to a recreational vehicle accident is outright fraud on the part of the insurance company.
The same guy totaled his truck off-road, and had no problem collecting. The side by side apparently had fine print that included the requirement of a police report within 24 hours. He rolled at high speed when he came down nose first with the wheels turned. 3 forward rolls; destroyed almost everything. It was an $18K machine. He got nothing from his insurance.

P

PNWGuy

The same guy totaled his truck off-road, and had no problem collecting. The side by side apparently had fine print that included the requirement of a police report within 24 hours. He rolled at high speed when he came down nose first with the wheels turned. 3 forward rolls; destroyed almost everything. It was an $18K machine. He got nothing from his insurance.
Sounds like a very high-risk individual and the insurance company was tired of paying for his lack of judgement, so they used some fine print to get out of paying the claim. It happens.

My company often overlooked the fine print in order to pay our customers.

I helped a Navy wife of a deployed sailor replace a $6k transmission in her SUV when an improperly installed windshield caused a water leak that fried a control module in the dashboard. Another adjuster denied the claim, but I took it over and got it paid for.

Insurance adjusters are human, and they have a great deal of discretion when it comes to paying out claims.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Full from progressive with FULL accessories coverage.

Just reupped $217/year
Everyone needs full coverage. If you can spend 17k on a machine you can spend $<$300 year for full coverage.

Trust me. Alot better then being out $9 grand for an unexpected wreck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
LOL ..... $200-300 yr, I WISH. In La. that might pay for 2 months, probably 3 months tops. Insurance is so high here, I did not even check on it for the pioneer. Anyone from La have full coverage, please let me know.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Allstate $698 per year for P1K and Talon. Same coverage as we have on our daily driver. Also just FYI I also carry insurance on my flatbed trailer.

P

PNWGuy

Allstate $698 per year for P1K and Talon. Same coverage as we have on our daily driver. Also just FYI I also carry insurance on my flatbed trailer.
My progressive policy includes $1500 coverage for my trailer as well. Costed me $1800 brand new, so it's close.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!