Who has insurance on their SXS?

P

PNWGuy

I was always told If its connected to your tow vehicle its covered! But a couple years ago before Takeover trip I found out differently from my agent.

And it is covered in most states and under most policies, but again, all companies vary slightly in their wording and coverage. Insurance is one of those subjects in which there is an amazing amount of misconceptions, wives tales, rumors, and outright lies about.

Those Liberty Mutual commercials that came out a few years ago in which they decided to further the ignorance and misconceptions about insurance really upset a lot of folks in the industry. I know I will never, ever use Liberty Mutual insurance.

Reactions: rtn001 and BWAF
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was always told If its connected to your tow vehicle its covered! But a couple years ago before Takeover trip I found out differently from my agent.
I use to think that also, but found out different. I believe liability wise, if it comes off your trailer you are covered, but as for any type of damage to a vehicle that comes off, you must have that specific vehicle on a policy.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
LOL ..... $200-300 yr, I WISH. In La. that might pay for 2 months, probably 3 months tops. Insurance is so high here, I did not even check on it for the pioneer. Anyone from La have full coverage, please let me know.
I'm located in Covington, went through Progressive, full coverage @ $470/year if paid in full. I think it was $560 if paid in monthly installments for 12 months. When I called State farm the girl actually laughed when she told me the numbers, it was $990 for full coverage.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm located in Covington, went through Progressive, full coverage @ $470/year if paid in full. I think it was $560 if paid in monthly installments for 12 months. When I called State farm the girl actually laughed when she told me the numbers, it was $990 for full coverage.
State Farm is what I have. I called today for a quote, but have not heard back from them. $990 does not surprise me in the least, but $560 does ...... cheaper than I figured.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We have everything else with State Farm. Have been with 1 agent for over 35 years. He retired a couple years back, I'm not sure what's with the new people. They wanted $1700 a year for the same exact coverage as All State for $698.
Not sure how these companies

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have everything else with State Farm. Have been with 1 agent for over 35 years. He retired a couple years back, I'm not sure what's with the new people. They wanted $1700 a year for the same exact coverage as All State for $698.
Not sure how these companies
Maybe it’s area like homeowners? State Farm wanted @$800/yr for same coverage I got from Progressive for $217/yr

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I just renewed my on the 500 with Progressive for $305 if paid in full or $425 in payments.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I lied it was $218
5E3F6A7D 8436 4539 97EA EC650544B0A7

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In La ...... State Farm for replace cost about $600/yr, need receipts for Acc.
Progressive for replace cost about $650/yr, $1K-3K for Acc. /////// both $500 Deduct and $25K liability

If added to SF Farm/Ranch policy, it would be $108/yr, BUT liability is ONLY while on property, and replacement coverage is only within 200 miles of farm. If I was in TN, I would jump on it.

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
State Farm is what I have. I called today for a quote, but have not heard back from them. $990 does not surprise me in the least, but $560 does ...... cheaper than I figured.
I stopped by my insurance agent and they told me they don't want to insure it. Before I left they quoted me $68/month but still let me know that state farm treats SxS's like they would a "dune buggy". accidents are inevitable

I would gladly pay $218 for protection against theft and damage while trailering.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stopped by my insurance agent and they told me they don't want to insure it. Before I left they quoted me $68/month but still let me know that state farm treats SxS's like they would a "dune buggy". accidents are inevitable

I would gladly pay $218 for protection against theft and damage while trailering.

The $218 is full coverage for machine and $10,000 in accessories, which is sadly what it all added up to be. Progressive bases your motorcycle insurance rate based on your credit score mainly, as well as location and driving history.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The $218 is full coverage for machine and $10,000 in accessories, which is sadly what it all added up to be. Progressive bases your motorcycle insurance rate based on your credit score mainly, as well as location and driving history.

Yeah mine is $212 with $5k for accessories, even though I'd be stripping it bare if something did happen. Might be why I'm getting such a decent rate if it's based on credit score?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When they say full coverage does that refer to what it would cost to buy another new one, or the full price you paid for a '16 model, or what your model cost MINUS depreciation?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When they say full coverage does that refer to what it would cost to buy another new one, or the full price you paid for a '16 model, or what your model cost MINUS depreciation?

I looked to confirm my contract is current year same or like model value, plus full covered accessory cost. That’s what it was on my 1800 Valkyrie when I laid it down a decade ago dodging a deer. They even let me strip the bike and salvage anything I could and still gave me enough to buy a new bike and all the accessories.
I then bought the bike back at auction and repaired it for pennies of what it was worth. :D

Even if it were only NADA it would still be more than I paid for it since I bought a 16YM late in the 17YM run so I got a pretty good discount to help them clear out the warehouses.

Edit: Also covers the trailer in full for a new replacement as long as the machine is/was on it.

My deductible is $500 for reference.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked to confirm my contract is current year same or like model value, plus full covered accessory cost. That’s what it was on my 1800 Valkyrie when I laid it down a decade ago dodging a deer. They even let me strip the bike and salvage anything I could and still gave me enough to buy a new bike and all the accessories.
I then bought the bike back at auction and repaired it for pennies of what it was worth. :D

Even if it were only NADA it would still be more than I paid for it since I bought a 16YM late in the 17YM run so I got a pretty good discount to help them clear out the warehouses.

Edit: Also covers the trailer in full for a new replacement as long as the machine is/was on it.

My deductible is $500 for reference.
Sounds like you made out like a bandit ....... lol. Getting full price on accessories is really good, getting that AND getting to keep them is GREAT!

Reactions: rtn001
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you made out like a bandit ....... lol. Getting full price on accessories is really good, getting that AND getting to keep them is GREAT!

I was nice to the adjuster, he said as long as factory parts and damaged parts were left.

Reactions: rtn001 and BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!