Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have full replacement for wreck, fire, flooding as well as $4,000 or 4500 aftermarket coverage and it’s $40 per month.

Reactions: BWAF
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have car, truck, motorcycle and golf cart insured thru Geico,
Asked for quote online- zip, nothing.
Asked again by phone, 350/year.

Went online to Progessive, upped coverage from minimum offered, full coverage + 3k for modifications and add-ons + 1k for any other loss, phones or misc. items. $217 annually.

Sometimes I think things get lost in translation depending on who is on the other end of the phone. The quote from Geico made no sense at all so went with Progressive.

Now, I guess I need to consider a quote and move all my other stuff too.
It was supposed to be a simple thing. Get quote, take money.
Now it has ballooned into a project.
I'll need a six pack to get thru this.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
$ure you have nearly $20k or more perhaps in your machine and trailer, but what happens when you get sued due to an accident on the trail. Law suits are your biggest exposure - above all you need liability insurance. You could loose your house, savings, garnish your wages, etc. Don't worry just about the cheapest insurance, but make sure you have adequate coverage. (No I don't sell insurance.)

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
I have it just for the theft coverage. If I could have that alone, that's all I'd have. But you have to get full coverage to get anything. Mine is $185 per year for two Pioneer 500s. Now, when I get a nicer sports rig next year, then the other overages will be more relevant to me.

Technoguru

Technoguru

Lifetime Member
May 8, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
L2R
Never know what crazy crap happens when we’re doing the simplest things.
I pay $119 a year. Worth it but I do mostly trail riding about 30-35% on my own property.

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yep me too. Full coverage plus covered accessories also. Around $200 for a year. I think its worth it.

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have Progressive also, on everything except my house. My private agent keeps checking and Progressive is still the cheapest. I recently got hit with a zip code surcharge because of all of the refugee accidents in the nearby town. Average insurance company payouts are two to one in my zip code right now!

At least Progressive is still the cheapest. $217 per year, and $214 per year for my motorhome (1978 El Dorado, 26,000 og miles). I bought an older Escalade instead of a Tahoe for the 6.2 motor. I didn't think about how bad insurance would suck for it. Progressive has always treated me well when I've had claims.

R

Redhonda29

Aug 26, 2018
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to have full coverage on all golf cart to drive where we go on vacation.

I have thought about it for the sxs. Mostly for theft.
Haven't been riding on group rides with strangers so collision seems needless.
Just private land with friends in dense places and is slow going thru creeks and heavy brush.
I plan to pay as I go for repairs not under warranty.

Any one, any advice?
Grinnel mutual about 170 for full coverage just like a motorcycle policy

C

Crwh45

Nov 3, 2016
Greene, N.Y.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have Geico at $481 a year for both the P1K5 and the Talon, plus an older quad. Full coverage with $250 decutible on both comp and collision. Never know what could happen. My biggest fear is theft. But I know someone that swamped their quad and blew the motor, and somehow it got covered in their State Farm policy which after speaking with Geico, apparently that can be a thing "depending on how it is worded" when filed.

D

DGF

May 7, 2019
Billings, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I carry insurance not just to cover damages incurred to my toys, but mainly to have liability and medical insurance for my passengers or for any potential and unseen damage I may cause to others property. Insurance will not 100% protect you from a personal injury lawsuit, but it gives some piece of mind against being sued for everything you have should someone get hurt or killed on your UTV or whatever toy you have. Not having insurance is like playing Russian Roulette IMO.

H

hemifoot

basic liability required to register it and full coverage on my homeowners.i lost my boat 2 years ago and got full replacement for the boat and all my gear,it was a significant boat upgrade.

CASTRATE

CASTRATE

Jun 23, 2019
NE OKLAHOMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$34 a month through USAA which uses Progressive for ATV/motorcycle policies.

It's a bit high, though, since I had two at fault accidents within two years after 20 years of no tickets or accidents.
That's exactly what they quoted me, & my driving record is damn near spotless, with no at fault accidents, & 1 small ticket 13 years ago. I think they just have a flat rate for these things

R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
That's exactly what they quoted me, & my driving record is damn near spotless, with no at fault accidents, & 1 small ticket 13 years ago. I think they just have a flat rate for these things

Here in Alberta you can’t take the machine off private land unless you have insurance. You have to have insurance before you can put licenses plates on,and you have to have plates before you can ride on public land. People have been stealing sxs units pretty regularly since the downfall in the oil patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CASTRATE and BWAF
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I pay $31 a month on my 2014 Caned Ham Maverick through Geico for full coverage and 500k liability for each injured person with $500 deductible.

michdave

michdave

Apr 28, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$33/mo for the following...

18’ P1K5
17’ KTM 250XCW (street legal)
15’ Honda Grom (street legal)
15’ Honda Grom (street legal)

The only one we don’t have insured is my wife’s TTR-125L...and here is why (after the back story).

I purchased the machine used with a MSO in the original owners the name. The guy I purchased it from was the second owner. Not knowing at the time, I figured I was good to go. Well...no. The original owner only had an MSO and avoided titling it because then he would have to pay taxes on it. A title can be transferred, an MSO cannot. The only way for me to get a title is to have the original owner go to the DMV and title it, pay taxes and penalty fees for not titling it after purchase. I called the VA and the md DMV, and they both confirmed this info for me. Both also explained the not titling a machine is tax evasion (if anyone was to be caught).

If someone has more insight on this, I’d love it. But the insurance company (Geico) explained to me that if you do not have a title (not an MSO, but an actual title in your name); in the the event the machine is stolen and you could not provide a title in your name, the insurance company does not have to pay out. Because “technically” after they pay out, they collect the title and own the machine; if it’s ever found again, they collect it and can auction it off to recoup cost.

I only mention all of this because many stealer-ships will tell people “off road vehicles don’t have titles” or “you don’t need a title of have to pay taxes on an off road vehicle”. By the book...those are both lies. Well...at least in all the states I’ve lived (MI, IL, SC, MD, VA) so I’d place a bet that others are similar. If it has a VIN, it should have a title.

I hope I didn’t wander the conversation too far. Just thought I’d share the info and maybe help someone...especially if they’re looking to buy a used machine and title it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have progressive I just got it . After that guy totaled his at Takeover I thought it would be wise. I feel better now knowing if something happens I can recoup my money. It would make starting over much easier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!