P500 Who hauls their P500/P520 in a pickup bed?

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don't know if anyone else has the dubious honor of doing this but I had a Honda 400 Foreman years ago and had some ramps to load it in the back of a Ford ranger and as I was easing it up the ramps the tires started slipping and would not go in the bed and I tried several times and every time it would hang up And I would have to back back down,I thought well I will give it more gas and still yet the mud covered tires would not go off in the bed and I would have to back down again.

Well I said to hell with this, it is going in this time and give it ALOT more gas and sure enough it went right on up into the bed and through the sliding back glass !!
It was a cold almost 100 mile trip home !!
and almost $300.00 to replace the Back Glass.
Think I will stick with a trailer

Bringing up the old post. My cousin did this with a dirt bike when he was 17. Besides breaking his truck and bike, he broke both wrists and his mom had to help him in the bathroom. Lol. Funny now looking back but he was pretty traumatized at the time.

Reactions: Remington
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
^^^^
I’ve read about this happening on several occasions. But, I also read about a solution; using a boat bumper strapped to the front of the ATV/UTV for loading and transportation purposes.

Knowing that I would be transporting my 520 in the bed of my truck, I invested in a set and use it every time.

Works great and has definitely saved my truck from a couple aggressive loading activities.

Mike

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^^^^
I’ve read about this happening on several occasions. But, I also read about a solution; using a boat bumper strapped to the front of the ATV/UTV for loading and transportation purposes.

Knowing that I would be transporting my 520 in the bed of my truck, I invested in a set and use it every time.

Works great and has definitely saved my truck from a couple aggressive loading activities.

Mike
An old tire works great also

Reactions: Rdrcr
G

GPS

Apr 10, 2021
Alabama
Ownership

1. 520
I use homemade ~ 6"x6" chocks, only a foot or so long, easy to remove and take up virtually no bed space. I'm about to install a winch on the 520 and pretty sure I'll need to enlarge the chocks to ~ 8"x8" to ensure the roller fairlead doesn't contact the front of the bed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!