P500 Who's the next p5 owner...to go...Bigger...700/1000 ?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So does that mean you liked the Can Ams better? lol wer you able to get some speed going on them? what is the top speed of the HD8?
Got HD8 which I believe. ..is 50hp
....HD 10....72 hp..
a little over 53mph..
small place to ride...
I had a ATV 2007
CAN AM. ..800 2-UP..
HO... big machine..lots of power
had 5yrs..never a problem..tight
best machine ever had

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
So does that mean you liked the Can Ams better? lol wer you able to get some speed going on them? what is the top speed of the HD8?
Bet top speed is 65mph...
that 800 can am..I had 76 mph
scary..fast..that was on straight away
black top...
don't count out the ....wolverine
very impressive machine..for your $
...rubber band Atv/Utv...been out long enough
to be...just as dependable. .as honda
you can't replace clutch in field...
rubberband..fixed in field...39 mins...
Honda....break down..your weekend
shot....did family have to walk..tow it
out..,wait to get fixed,.....
gotta weight it all out...
any honda fan..has to have seen..
dealership loyalty. ..does not exists. ..
why should yours...
loyalty only works two ways....
the minute it's not both ways...
you been .....had
IMHO

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bet top speed is 65mph...
that 800 can am..I had 76 mph
scary..fast..that was on straight away
black top...
don't count out the ....wolverine
very impressive machine..for your $
...rubber band Atv/Utv...been out long enough
to be...just as dependable. .as honda
you can't replace clutch in field...
rubberband..fixed in field...39 mins...
Honda....break down..your weekend
shot....did family have to walk..tow it
out..,wait to get fixed,.....
gotta weight it all out...
any honda fan..has to have seen..
dealership loyalty. ..does not exists. ..
why should yours...
loyalty only works two ways....
the minute it's not both ways...
you been .....had
IMHO
Yamaha sxs are the definition of engine noise... lol. They are bulletproof, but loud. And you are right about dealers. I wish honda had exactly what I want like canam does, bc we have the best Honda dealer I have ever seen. I have bought two bikes from them. They give me an out the door, no haggle price that beats any dealer in the state. Honda nailed it in my opinion on the pioneer 500! Best hunting buggy anyone could ask for. And that's what mine will strictly be when I get the canam hd8 dps. Only reason I'm going bigger on my riding bike is my family got bigger. And with the geniuses that decided a 33 to a 40" tire on an atv was a good idea. I kinda have to get more power so I can run a bigger tire just to be able to ride in the atv parks without wearing my winch out....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yamaha sxs are the definition of engine noise... lol. They are bulletproof, but loud. And you are right about dealers. I wish honda had exactly what I want like canam does, bc we have the best Honda dealer I have ever seen. I have bought two bikes from them. They give me an out the door, no haggle price that beats any dealer in the state. Honda nailed it in my opinion on the pioneer 500! Best hunting buggy anyone could ask for. And that's what mine will strictly be when I get the canam hd8 dps. Only reason I'm going bigger on my riding bike is my family got bigger. And with the geniuses that decided a 33 to a 40" tire on an atv was a good idea. I kinda have to get more power so I can run a bigger tire just to be able to ride in the atv parks without wearing my winch out....
Im sure...at the atv park..we go to..sometimes
I've gave at least dozen riders a ride in
..my p5...first thing..all of um said..you don't
Have to yell....to talk..
that's a fact

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Big honda fan and I'm in the process of deciding whether the P5 fully loaded or the P7 or P7 LE .
I'd be all over the P5 if they had a locker and a tad more power..other then that the P7 LE looking nice...Also looking at the 2018 commander XT 1000r loaded with most of the add on for about 3k dollars less the P7 LE which has no add on yet..

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Hahaha I gotta agree with you on the fugly. When i first saw one at the dealership i thought uckkkkk what an ugly machine! Haha I still was going to get it because I wanted a Honda but I thought dang What an ugly thing !
Ok. I'm gonna put a stop to this. I think the P5 is beautiful. Remember, beauty is more than skin-deep.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Big honda fan and I'm in the process of deciding whether the P5 fully loaded or the P7 or P7 LE .
I'd be all over the P5 if they had a locker and a tad more power..other then that the P7 LE looking nice...Also looking at the 2018 commander XT 1000r loaded with most of the add on for about 3k dollars less the P7 LE which has no add on yet..

The 700 has no place in the discussion. It does not have the torque or usable power the P5 does down low, and the Can-Am, at least for me, is a no brainer compared to the 700. But, to add, the Can-Am is a visco lock on that unit right?

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
The 700 has no place in the discussion. It does not have the torque or usable power the P5 does down low, and the Can-Am, at least for me, is a no brainer compared to the 700. But, to add, the Can-Am is a visco lock on that unit right?
Yes it has Visco lock....

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just added a buddy to the P500, Ace 570 posted in Other SxS Brands section. Might call it Rocket! So much more power, fishtale on demand. Different machines for different moods.
Polaris ACE 570

4A82403D 69D4 462A BC46 B78912DFC818 1FAFC447 D731 4C2A 8859 B5AF89617FB7

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My son wants an ace, not sure if I’m going to do that. Might just have to make him ride his four wheeler for awhile and get him a p5.

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Just sold my P5 couple months ago and picked up a 2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2 Rspec. Great machine so far, wanted more comfort, power and bed. Wolverine has it all plus some. Dont care for the P700 since it has about same power as my P500 with a smaller motor(rode around in my cousins P700 and it didnt impress me). The wolverine still fits in the bed of my truck to pull my travel trailer at the same time. Thought about the P1000-3 but to wide for bed of truck and didnt want to run a sled deck.
Still have my 1998 Honda 300 atv that runs like a champ.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!