P500 Who's the next p5 owner...to go...Bigger...700/1000 ?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Love the P1K! Clutches are inconvenient and a little frustrating but I try to remember how many belts and other problems I used to have! It puts it in perspective! Still love the P5! Would trade the speed and comfort of the P1K for the dependability of a P5 if my life depended on it! But realistically, my P1K has overcome obstacles that would be impossible for the P5! With that said, I will eventually get a P5!;)

J

JTW

Love the P1K! Clutches are inconvenient and a little frustrating but I try to remember how many belts and other problems I used to have! It puts it in perspective! Still love the P5! Would trade the speed and comfort of the P1K for the dependability of a P5 if my life depended on it! But realistically, my P1K has overcome obstacles that would be impossible for the P5! With that said, I will eventually get a P5!;)
Dude... You aren't a P5 kinda guy!!

Reactions: Eltobgi
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You will be soooo disappointed! Lol

Depending on your expectations. You would probably be disappointed with the capabilities of a P1 compared to a Jeep as well. The 500's size presents limitations but also gives it distinct advantages.

The bigger question is...if it was just you and any sxs dropped into the middle of hell's forest for a month, which one would you choose? o_O

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Depending on your expectations. You would probably be disappointed with the capabilities of a P1 compared to a Jeep as well. The 500's size presents limitations but also gives it distinct advantages.

The bigger question is...if it was just you and any sxs dropped into the middle of hell's forest for a month, which one would you choose? o_O
P5
with Air & tunes....
@4:20
Bongs are welcome
haha

J

JTW

No not disappointed, very impressed, after what I have rode this last couple of days in mulberry I'm even more impressed then ever. I have been through stoff that was even toff for the P1K. So if you can peek the right line u can go just about enywer. ;)

You two clearly haven't ridden with @Eltobgi. He likes to go fast and hard.

Reactions: Eltobgi
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I got a grey one today.
20170715 121356

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500

Reactions: rocmar
K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
I am gonna go bigger someday but not gonna get rid of the P500 since I would use that to haul in my truck if I need to take it and travel trailer. I do most of my riding in my home town so would like something a little bigger and faster. The big if is if I will stick with honda and the P1k. The issues I read on the P1000 forum have me scared away from them unless they get that clutch thing figured out. That Can Am defender someone bought doesnt like to bad of a rig.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have been told by several canam defender hd5 owners that it doesn't have enough ass in high to pull 28s. Would have to stay in low all the time. I reckon when the time comes I'm getting a defender 800 power steering... keeping my p500 though...

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Ya the HD8 or 10 is the way to go. ATV television had a good viewing of the HD10 and said if he had to buy one it would be the HD8. Its all in what you want to do.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ya the HD8 or 10 is the way to go. ATV television had a good viewing of the HD10 and said if he had to buy one it would be the HD8. Its all in what you want to do.
Yep..everyone got there own deal
....nice to exchange ideas..wat works
for some...don't for others..
different terrain. ..conditions. ..
make a big difference. ...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Just test drove...Defender.....& wolverine. ..
either or.....would be my pick....
Can Am.....best ATV.I've ever had

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!