P500 Who's the next p5 owner...to go...Bigger...700/1000 ?

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'll never get rid of mine. Might buy a bigger machine in the future for special rides but Old Ironsides isn't going anywhere. If I were in the market now though, can't say it would end up being the P1 either. Hate to say it but Can Am has been catching my eye lately.
LOL,I didn't know if you were talking about your wife or your 500 in that first sentence.We also like the Can am, one of the couple's we go riding with just got a commander ,we are just waiting to see how it will be in the heat, the drink holder is right above the engine and the bottom of their drinks get really hot to touch.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Oh I get it... if it weren't for wanting kids I wouldn't have gotten remarried. They're a difficult thing and completely irrational.. but a good woman is worth her weight in gold. And if you don't believe me... go thru a divorce. That's about what it will cost ya!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
LOL,I didn't know if you were talking about your wife or your 500 in that first sentence.We also like the Can am, one of the couple's we go riding with just got a commander ,we are just waiting to see how it will be in the heat, the drink holder is right above the engine and the bottom of their drinks get really hot to touch.
I can....agree...
but..drink holders are
for other crap...haven't seen a
drink holder..in any SXS I've rode
...in stay put..or splash all over...
IMO...if that's the Bad review. ..I'm ok
with it...Had a 800 outlander 2-up..freaking
Scary fast..smooth..Can Am..
tight machine...Truth...,Trumps. ..Loyalty

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'll never get rid of mine. Might buy a bigger machine in the future for special rides but Old Ironsides isn't going anywhere. If I were in the market now though, can't say it would end up being the P1 either. Hate to say it but Can Am has been catching my eye lately.
Dude...go test drive...one.
of course I'm talking bout...
the machine..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
My luck, I would love it and I have the credit to buy whatever I want, and that's not always a good thing. :rolleyes:
Yeah..I hear ya..
we did it twice...knowing
we weren't going there......
Right Now....I'm Good...
with my pimped out....Golf cart.
.....at this time..

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I can....agree...
but..drink holders are
for other crap...haven't seen a
drink holder..in any SXS I've rode
...in stay put..or splash all over...
IMO...if that's the Bad review. ..I'm ok
with it...Had a 800 outlander 2-up..freaking
Scary fast..smooth..Can Am..
tight machine...Truth...,Trumps. ..Loyalty
Our thinking on this is if the drinks get really hot will the inside of the cab also get hot when riding in the summer months, also took a look at the Yamaha Wolverine ,but for now we are happy with the 500 ,waiting to see what the new Honda has to offer when it comes out but I know it will be more than I want to spend.

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Our thinking on this is if the drinks get really hot will the inside of the cab also get hot when riding in the summer months, also took a look at the Yamaha Wolverine ,but for now we are happy with the 500 ,waiting to see what the new Honda has to offer when it comes out but I know it will be more than I want to spend.
We did the wolverine. ....
....makes ya go...
ummmm Mmmm

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
J

JTW

I still love the Honda 1000... even though I have toasted clutches right now!
But if I didn't want/need the 5 seater.. I probably wouldn't buy a Honda. There are other good/better options out there in a two seat configuration!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If I wanted a 700 or 1000 I would have bought a 700 or 1000. Nothing against them they just dont fit my needs.

That's what I'm saying, it wasn't lack of money or space or anything, I found it to be the best sxs available for what I wanted to do with it. The biggest thing for me was something small and nimble for plowing that would keep the snow off of me. Being able to take a passenger trail riding with me was the bonus.

D

Deleted member 3748

That's exactly where I am but I'm thinking I'll keep the P5 and add a Wolverine or a Talon (for those of us who believe.)

J

JTW

That's what I'm saying, it wasn't lack of money or space or anything, I found it to be the best sxs available for what I wanted to do with it. The biggest thing for me was something small and nimble for plowing that would keep the snow off of me. Being able to take a passenger trail riding with me was the bonus.
Yeah right.... you couldn't handle the power!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
When we purchased our p5..
it was the only sxs..that was
under 10k....carried 2 riders...
fit in a pick up bed.....3 yrs
later...there's more options..

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah right.... you couldn't handle the power!
HaHa..
I'd rather ride all year...at
the power the p5 has...then
be left...high & dry.....stranded
cause my clutch burnt up....
P5 rides again...& again.....&
Some more...
JTW..let's ride...
oh..sorry..yours is broke...=
POWERLESS

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!