P500 Who's Using Implements BEHIND Their P5?

Loggerboy91

Loggerboy91

Apr 8, 2021
Menahga, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I have a back blade and rake for behind my machine when im building new trails and it works great

20210224 212142 20210224 212149

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
How much does the moose hitch raise the adapter?
About yay high...

MVIMG 20200711 173533

Just be prepared for some installation issues... I had to round out my bottom bolt holes, and the bolts they supply dont fit with the nuts they say to use from the p5, at least for my 2018.

Between it, and the Bison rear bumper, I feel my rear-end is well protected. 😁

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I use the groundhog max for small plots. It works great you can plow forward and reverse! I beefed up my hitch and converted it to 2 inch.

Yeah, that's the one I have. Works pretty well.

I'm needing to spruce up a bumpy acre or so of 'yard' at camp. Needs some fill and plenty of seed. Also an expanse of gravel driveway and parking to maintain. Last year's method of broadcasting had very limited success. Sandy soil isn't helping. Thought I'd try a power seeder and/or cultipacker this year.

Trying to decide on the purchase of two or three implements and a lift connector or rent stuff as needed.

I welcome all thoughts and experiences here! :confused:

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I custom made a shotgun seeder, not really “pull” but it is behind. Works well, controllable from in cab, I do have to install a small mechanism inside the hopper to disrupt the seed to ensure it continues to flow onto the shot gun pan.

Also have a 4’x8’ by 24” (high sides) trailer with 3500 lb axle that I tow around for firewood, brush etc., works awesome. Have hauled some mean loads of firewood and brush with Dozer.... just have to be careful not to mash the receiver hitch out from under it. Been meaning to get a Moose 2” receiver... it’s on the list, right behind V 2.0 windshield and power steering hahahaha.

makac132

makac132

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Nelson, B.C.
Ownership

1. 500
I custom made a shotgun seeder, not really “pull” but it is behind. Works well, controllable from in cab, I do have to install a small mechanism inside the hopper to disrupt the seed to ensure it continues to flow onto the shot gun pan.

Also have a 4’x8’ by 24” (high sides) trailer with 3500 lb axle that I tow around for firewood, brush etc., works awesome. Have hauled some mean loads of firewood and brush with Dozer.... just have to be careful not to mash the receiver hitch out from under it. Been meaning to get a Moose 2” receiver... it’s on the list, right behind V 2.0 windshield and power steering hahahaha.
Go for the Moose receiver first, by far the cheapest of the 3 and it works really well. You’ll be happy with it I think.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Go for the Moose receiver first, by far the cheapest of the 3 and it works really well. You’ll be happy with it I think.
MFG Supply makes one as well that I believe is a few $ cheaper than the Moose. I just put one on my p52 and it fits great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!