P500 Who's Using Implements BEHIND Their P5?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Go for the Moose receiver first, by far the cheapest of the 3 and it works really well. You’ll be happy with it I think.
Ok makac132, PS is completed and works great. V2.0 windshield has glass in the frame just needs paint, think I’m gonna use black undercoating as I have a bunch of that and it seems to stick well to aluminum. The finish will look kinda micro-lumpy (like undercoating) at least not shiny smooth and I’m good with that.
Now those two items are in hand just ordered the Moose 2” receiver from FortNine.
Cheers.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
While we are on the subject of pullin stuff, anyone use/have experience with the logging bunk trailers, with tandem walking beam axles? They come with bunks to haul logs and you can get an optional dump bed to add on too. The two Co’s In Canada aren’t in production at the moment so was thinking about making one.
Link is an example...
Range Road trailer

Reactions: Mbradley42
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
While we are on the subject of pullin stuff, anyone use/have experience with the logging bunk trailers, with tandem walking beam axles? They come with bunks to haul logs and you can get an optional dump bed to add on too. The two Co’s In Canada aren’t in production at the moment so was thinking about making one.
Link is an example...
Range Road trailer
Ever looked into the log haulers that haul the log under a gantry? Those look pretty nice. Adapts to the logs length.

Reactions: Mbradley42
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Ever looked into the log haulers that haul the log under a gantry? Those look pretty nice. Adapts to the logs length.
Yes I’ve looked (online) at a bunch of those. Cool idea, I’m a pig though and wanna haul more then one log. In addition the notion is to have the tip box also, so a log trailer with bunks and a tip box trailer...

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Link is an example...
Range Road trailer
Stumbled upon this and thought it might be of interest to you. Looks pretty handy. Also looks like it comes with a pretty sweet price tag.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Looked boring at first, but once ya put on the headphones, and crank up those sweet guitar rock'n'roll sounds, then it turns into something every guy wants for his wheeler!

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I run a gravel rascal to maintain a long gravel driveway.
Rascal

Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
I recently found an old "drag" in a brushline. Not sure if it is a homemade version of a chisel plow or if they were a thing like this. I'm sure someone on here knows much better than myself. The adjustment lever and spring still worked just fine after who knows how many years in the weather. I figured I'd give it a try on a field I had been thinking about turning into a food plot knowing that it wasn't likely meant to dig/till up grass. It needed a bit of weight so I added a single 50lb sandbag and it worked shockingly well behind the little p5.
20210427 144756
20210427 144800
20210501 191716
20210601 203242

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I recently found an old "drag" in a brushline. Not sure if it is a homemade version of a chisel plow or if they were a thing like this. I'm sure someone on here knows much better than myself. The adjustment lever and spring still worked just fine after who knows how many years in the weather. I figured I'd give it a try on a field I had been thinking about turning into a food plot knowing that it wasn't likely meant to dig/till up grass. It needed a bit of weight so I added a single 50lb sandbag and it worked shockingly well behind the little p5.
View attachment 278904View attachment 278905View attachment 278906View attachment 278907
That is one gang of a horse drawn cultivator.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 278904View attachment 278905View attachment 278906View attachment 278907

It’s called a spring tooth harrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaddyDubbs and JWB
Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
I use the groundhog max for small plots. It works great you can plow forward and reverse! I beefed up my hitch and converted it to 2 inch.

That's interesting. I bought a GH max years ago and it's still in the box. I was probably going to sell it after I upgraded to a 500. Wasn't sure it would work. Need to revisit this. Does it work the same way? Jack up the rear, install the unit, and then run it?

I also dragged a wire harrow with my ATV and will pull that with the 500, too.

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, that's the one I have. Works pretty well.

I'm needing to spruce up a bumpy acre or so of 'yard' at camp. Needs some fill and plenty of seed. Also an expanse of gravel driveway and parking to maintain. Last year's method of broadcasting had very limited success. Sandy soil isn't helping. Thought I'd try a power seeder and/or cultipacker this year.

Trying to decide on the purchase of two or three implements and a lift connector or rent stuff as needed.

I welcome all thoughts and experiences here! :confused:

Futzin, what did you end up doing?

Next year I will be cleaning up an old agriculture acre after new construction, and am wondering if I should go the route of implements for the P500, renting the equipment, or just hiring it out.

If I am going to put money into it, I'd rather have the implements afterwards instead of sinking the money away to the pros. But not at the expense of subpar results. I am a complete rookie when it comes to this type of land preparation but am not scared of work and figuring out how to get it done.

I'm in SE Idaho, so the land is hard soil mixed in tons of ancient river rock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!