P500 Why Would You Buy A P500

J

JTW

Got the P500 as a safer toy, using the money from a totaled motorcycle, and injuries after a head on with a deer. Here is an earlier hit on Highway. Look close, what did I hit??? (Just for fun)
Where’s the deer hit video? I bet that ladder made you pucker..

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Happened so fast, just instinct to hold on after riding dirt bikes since a kid. Wish I had the camera when the deer hit. Doe jumped out of wooded shoulder and hit windshield. Sorry for highjacking SxS thread with motorcycle stuff...but thats why I own a P500.

D43FD43E A8E6 4DA2 902B 5BB5A767C2E6

Last edited:
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got the P500 as a safer toy, using the money from a totaled motorcycle, and injuries after a head on with a deer. Here is an earlier hit on Highway. Look close, what did I hit??? (Just for fun)

Whoa! Looks like an aluminum ladder or ramp that fell out that truck! You’re either a super smart rider or you were sitting on a horseshoe that day!

Reactions: Mudder
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A ladder?

Reactions: Mudder
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's amazing how many ladders i would see on the I 17 in Phoenix. That's one area where I will give NC credit...they will pull you over and give you an award for stupid truck packing. In AZ, not so much.

Motorcycles were always one of my true loves. It's been 4 years since I've had one, but the urge is getting stronger by the day. So sad the driving public is so stupid and makes it such a difficult choice.

I understand motorcycle sales are horrid due to millenials. I guess being a man-bun wearing pu$$y and motorcycles don't mix.

Last edited:
D

Duke

May 15, 2016
Belle Vernon
Ownership

1. 500
50" wide was the key for me. Too many trails on the national forest land I would not be able to travel otherwise. Of course one could walk them but with the main complaint about the p5 being speed I think we can all agree its a bit faster than walking. Reliability is unbeaten and no one wants to be left out the trail walking back. That's the reason the artic trail and razor are still sitting at the dealers. Additionally payload, All the camping gear goes on the back for a weekend of dirt slamming mud in the rain and the sun.
I absolutely love the options the p5 rig gives.
Had Mine Three Years And It Still Makes Me Smile.

D

Duke

May 15, 2016
Belle Vernon
Ownership

1. 500
Had the wrangler first and its fun for its thing but I tend to keep a little more on the "don't let anything happen to her side of the road".
the P5 gives me the option to let it all hang out and find the sites I cant get to in the jeep. No 1000 envy here, if it works for you and what you do with it, great. For me its P5 all the way. Don't want to be restricted due to size anymore.
When The New Wrangler Truck Comes Out You Will Be Able Load The P500 In The Back And Drive In Comfort To The 50 Inch Trail.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
For those who found this site and considering a P500, some “Why NOTs” on a P50O after one year...
NOT the fastest,
NOT the most quiet
NOT the smoothest
NOT the biggest
NOT the most flashy sxs,...but also

NOT a machine I worry about getting there and back thru tight trails or if I’ll break something when doing work around the property, and NOT the most expensive machine, and MOST of all..

NOT a regret buying it every time I ride. Buy for how you ride.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!