P500 Why Would You Buy A P500

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
Why would anyone buy a P5 when you could spend a little more and get a P7 with more power, wider stance, more suspension travel and carry more passengers? Or spend a little more yet and get a P1K with even more of those qualities? Seems like the 500 has been losing some of its shine lately.
Because, if either of those machines had been trying to follow my tracks today they would've gotten their ass kicked. 50" quad trails all day. Some areas opened up but a lot of them were so tight they were even beating on the P5, thought I ripped my light bar off once. These are trails that those machines wouldn't even turn into and attempt. And there were lots of them. Never realized how limited the big machines were until today. I even drove through the woods, high brush and dodging trees to get back to a creek that I just had to see...kinda sucked once I got back there and wasn't really worth it, but I got back there! Found myself riding on a bike trail at one point, got off of that one pretty quick.
So, for those that say the little 500 is under powered, too small and not enough suspension, (it has its limitations) you could say the same about any machine compared to the next step up. They can have their minimal amount of trails, I'll take mine, ride all day and never see the same trail twice. A lot less traffic too.
And don't forget...bullet proof!
View attachment 43580
More impressed with this machine every time I take it out...zero regrets.
AND I can load it in the back of pickup and go wherever I want!!! No trailer, no muss, no fuss!!! Zero regrets with me also!!!

J

JTW

The p5 needs some after market love... it has a lot of potential but Honda could have included a few amenities in their pricing. These things are stupid when it comes to the amount of $$ we put in them moding them to fit out needs. Whether it’s a PK5 or a p5... you’d better bring your check book!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The p5 needs some after market love... it has a lot of potential but Honda could have included a few amenities in their pricing. These things are stupid when it comes to the amount of $$ we put in them moding them to fit out needs. Whether it’s a PK5 or a p5... you’d better bring your check book!
How many S x S same models look the same? Very few! I think S x S enthusiast are a different breed and bent to be different, some want a party barge to have a party / dance anywhere, some want raw horse power and suspension to run trails in reckless abandonment and then there are people like me who are normal! HA! Thing is doesn't mater what they come with, were going to change something. I've read threads, people saying they don't need EPS, better shocks, tires so Keep on keeping on!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reckless abandonment ''tis to blame for me joyousness!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
For those who found this site for considering a P500 ...A good dependable machine at a low base price, to accessorize or not depending on your individual needs, at your own pace. Less initial investment than many other machines to see what you like and it is trail ready off the showroom floor. And you can share the fun with a riding buddy.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought my P5 because I heard that cool people had them and want wanted to be one of the cool ones. Another reason I didn't have any room left for more guns but did have room for a P5.
Well there you go! I'm surprised some gun enthusiast hasn't done a Rat Patrol version on the P 5, remember that show? Mount a stand up 50 cal on the bed with a platform to stand on, I volunteer to be the driver and you shoot, that would be a hoot!

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Well there you go! I'm surprised some gun enthusiast hasn't done a Rat Patrol version on the P 5, remember that show?
Yea I remember, it was a great show and you may have inspired a lot of creative people by mentioning that.
27e12b78c9824ffd379bd366f1da2de3  the rat patrol the rats

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's still not a P5, I'm snubbing you! HA!
I got so caught in the P 5 movement, I forgot I have a P1, so I guess someone else will have to snub you! Dang it!

Reactions: Mudwing
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well there you go! I'm surprised some gun enthusiast hasn't done a Rat Patrol version on the P 5, remember that show? Mount a stand up 50 cal on the bed with a platform to stand on, I volunteer to be the driver and you shoot, that would be a hoot!

Yea I remember, it was a great show and you may have inspired a lot of creative people by mentioning that.
View attachment 60957

Had that idea a long time ago actually, inspired by that exact tv show. Not at all practical though so didn't run with it. Would've had machine gun sounds and bomb blasts coming through the stereo! ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had that idea a long time ago actually, inspired by that exact tv show. Not at all practical though so didn't run with it. Would've had machine gun sounds and bomb blasts coming through the stereo! ;)
Need real gun!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I wonder what the ratio of sales P1K to p500 is. I am now leaning toward Tacoma/jeep JL rubicon lately.

@Johnsee I only know of 2 comparisons of a Jeep to to a SxS.

One is relatively scientific and comes to a logical conclusion (SxS is better than a Jeep)
The other is total biased, like they knew the answer before the test but didn't want to confuse the viewer with actual facts.
But truth be known, I would love to park a CJ3 next to my '47 Studebaker Coupe and '49 Ferguson tractor.

Each vehicle has it's place, one is flexible for on/off road, one is more capable off road out of the box but lacks refinement.
Back in the day I was looking at making my Toyota truck in to a pre-runner, then I rode my buddies 3-wheeler.
There was no way I could afford to make my truck that fast - and my buddy sold me the 3-wheeler for $500.

This is all for fun - take it as entertainment only. (and don't be mad at me if SxS's are better than a Jeep).

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got the P500 as a safer toy, using the money from a totaled motorcycle, and injuries after a head on with a deer. Here is an earlier hit on Highway. Look close, what did I hit??? (Just for fun)

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Got the P500 as a safer toy, using the money from a totaled motorcycle, and injuries after a head on with a deer. Here is an earlier hit on Highway. Look close, what did I hit??? (Just for fun)
Trying to load it up?!?! :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!