P1000m5 WILDCAT (Formerly New Blue)

J

Jshell3

Not sure. Someone already has the name "Big Blue" so I have to get creative
Who?

Well, if it helps, I owned a blue P500 prior to my P1k5. And the P500 was named "Blueberry"...
For all intents and purposes, my family calls the new P1k5 Blueberry... daily.

Hard to reprogram the mind, it seems. LOL

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who?

Well, if it helps, I owned a blue P500 prior to my P1k5. And the P500 was named "Blueberry"...
For all intents and purposes, my family calls the new P1k5 Blueberry... daily.

Hard to reprogram the mind, it seems. LOL

I was actually thinking you were the one who had named yours big blue. Seems maybe that's not the case.

J

Jshell3

I was actually thinking you were the one who had named yours big blue. Seems maybe that's not the case.
It's me. But @RobertinNevada named his Big Blue as well.

Plenty of room. I think we should start a club!!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Never being one to be shy, here's an idea...
Superman

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took it out for a ride on trails behind my house. Rode about 5-6 miles. Drove in manual low in and out of 2/4wd everything seems to work ok. Cabin heat is noticeable. I do have a question. I put the heat shield on and it the excess comes up to connect to the seat backs. What does everyone do with that excess? Heat was coming up the middle pretty good. I thought about taping it back because it kept wanting to flip forward which seemed to be when we felt the most heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got home from our day and a half trip to Black Mountain in Harlen Ky. My buddy and I only encountered one other pioneer owner. Everyone else out there seemed to drive Polaris. I must say the pioneer didn't disappoint in the power or maneuvering category. I drove in low manual which was a lot of fun and on trails back down the mountain I tried out sport mode. Both seemed very smooth. The only complaint I have and it's one that everyone has it the heat. I have decided to remove the upper portion of my full windshield during warm months when it won't rain. I will also be browsing the forums for the bilge blower trick. When riding and hitting water that reached the engine, the steam is dang near unbearable while driving. I believe it was worse for my son who rode in the back the whole time. I guess I will also instal a second battery to move my winch to and these fans. The next plan will be some kind of speakers as the one we brought is nowhere near loud enough when ripping through trails.

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it make any sense to add a heat shield to this area back here along with the fans? I'm trying to keep as much heat out of the back as I can. 393f179e1562347156f6d812e4bfcf6c

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

Jshell3

Does it make any sense to add a heat shield to this area back here along with the fans? I'm trying to keep as much heat out of the back as I can. View attachment 44980

Start w the bilge blower and heat shield.
My boys ride in the back, a lot. And when they request I flip the switch on the fan, it gets tolerable, immediately.

Reactions: Remington
J

Jshell3

Just got home from our day and a half trip to Black Mountain in Harlen Ky. My buddy and I only encountered one other pioneer owner. Everyone else out there seemed to drive Polaris. I must say the pioneer didn't disappoint in the power or maneuvering category. I drove in low manual which was a lot of fun and on trails back down the mountain I tried out sport mode. Both seemed very smooth. The only complaint I have and it's one that everyone has it the heat. I have decided to remove the upper portion of my full windshield during warm months when it won't rain. I will also be browsing the forums for the bilge blower trick. When riding and hitting water that reached the engine, the steam is dang near unbearable while driving. I believe it was worse for my son who rode in the back the whole time. I guess I will also instal a second battery to move my winch to and these fans. The next plan will be some kind of speakers as the one we brought is nowhere near loud enough when ripping through trails.

I see Mods in your future. Lol.

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I've got the seats, rubber piece Honda put on to block heat (lol), and heat shield I put in all removed to begin fabricating a bracket to hold this bilge fan. I've bought vent line kit so will do the the fuel and transmission lines while I'm doing this. I'm going to redo the heat shield and instead of traveling up the seat back, I'd like to hug the motor where spark plugs are located. Does anyone know the heat rating of this material? I'm wanting to know if it touches it will it melt. My goal is just trying to keep the heat from rising as much as possible. A4e4eb5fc4f7a2892650ccca0e93a67c

Reactions: Jshell3 and pct
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered second battery, isolator, and fuse block. Will install it all once I return from vacation

Reactions: Jshell3
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bilge fan bracket is made. Going to cut excess off on sides of screws as it needs to shift to the left a little bit. Gonna take it back into work and powder coat it as well. Seems like it will work. B46f4bbd33caf1c54d3d7eef6cac2c89

J

Jshell3

Ordered second battery, isolator, and fuse block. Will install it all once I return from vacation

You're on the right track!
I wired my fan to be always on with the flip of a switch (as opposed to "key-on" and switch)

Sometimes when you cut the engine off to talk, you'd still like a little more fan action!

Reactions: Remington
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're on the right track!
I wired my fan to be always on with the flip of a switch (as opposed to "key-on" and switch)

Sometimes when you cut the engine off to talk, you'd still like a little more fan action!

That's my plan although I'm unsure how to wire stuff up to fuse panel. Lots of reading and questions in my future!

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

That's my plan although I'm unsure how to wire stuff up to fuse panel. Lots of reading and questions in my future!

It's really not hard. Most pre assembled fuse panes have just a few wires that need connecting. They do a great job of cutting down on the clutter.
(But don't look to closely under my hood). Ha!

Reactions: RickMaynard