P1000 Winch for 2022 model

H

highcountry71

Jul 17, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m supposed to be getting my 2022 P1000 this weekend and want to add a winch. I like what the Ready Winch says about the ease of installation but Ive also read that they don’t fit right with the 2022 models. I’d prefer to not have to cut relief into a new SxS as I’ve heard others say they did. Anyone have experience with adding this winch to a 2022 model and is the Viper I’m reading about on this forum an easy install

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m supposed to be getting my 2022 P1000 this weekend and want to add a winch. I like what the Ready Winch says about the ease of installation but Ive also read that they don’t fit right with the 2022 models. I’d prefer to not have to cut relief into a new SxS as I’ve heard others say they did. Anyone have experience with adding this winch to a 2022 model and is the Viper I’m reading about on this forum an easy install
I would say any winch isn't an easy install but not hard. I would recommend the viper. Any In the club store for that matter.

Cool your getting you rig this weekend. Exciting!
Don't forget post lots of pics or...... 😂

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put the 6K Viper2 wide spool (from the club store) on my 22. The winch itself was pretty easy, the Viper mount was a bit of a pain. Just a really tight fit. I ended up stripping one of the u bolts but got it on with some spare hardware I had laying around. All and all I'm happy with it. Clean looking, wireless remote and dash switch.

H

highcountry71

Jul 17, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put the 6K Viper2 wide spool (from the club store) on my 22. The winch itself was pretty easy, the Viper mount was a bit of a pain. Just a really tight fit. I ended up stripping one of the u bolts but got it on with some spare hardware I had laying around. All and all I'm happy with it. Clean looking, wireless remote and dash switch.
I haven’t had a chance to look at them much so maybe you can help. What is the benefit to to wide spool and if you used a standard spool do you think it would have mounted up easier? Other than the winch did you have to get brackets or anything?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ease of installation is directly related to your mechanical abilities.
I would say it is a 5/10 for the average DIY'er.
It might bump up a bit if you encounter stripped or cross threaded hardware. Most time consuming process tends to be hiding the wires and making it appear neat and tidy. Do not be scared to cut down the leads from the contactor to the winch.

H

highcountry71

Jul 17, 2022
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would say any winch isn't an easy install but not hard. I would recommend the viper. Any In the club store for that matter.

Got the unit yesterday. Ran fine initially but for some reason now won’t run more than 38 mph. Posted it in another thread. Frustrating.

2B96E425 F009 48CD 889E 4A6CAB329453

F

Floridahond

May 13, 2021
Ownership

1. 500

I definitely wouldn't buy a winch from a club store! These machines are heavy and large the only thing standing between you and getting out of a situation is a good winch sometimes.. I would get a Warn or Viper (previous person said that too). They might all look the same but it's about the quality of the electrical components that can determine whether your machine battery gets fried or not during the pull

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I definitely wouldn't buy a winch from a club store! These machines are heavy and large the only thing standing between you and getting out of a situation is a good winch sometimes.. I would get a Warn or Viper (previous person said that too). They might all look the same but it's about the quality of the electrical components that can determine whether your machine battery gets fried or not during the pull
Have you clicked thru the store lately?
The club store sells Viper winches.....

You may not be aware our forum has a store, which we typically refer to as the club store.
Link if you are interested.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!