pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
installed my super atv winch and mount fairly easy just a few short cuts that I found as it went on first you remove the bolts that attach the front diff at the top then the bottom ones
02 24 16 001
then you put the mount on just snug top and bottom plates
02 24 16 002
this is for alignment for the bottom bracket snug the bottom bracket remove the top bracket so you can
tighten the bottom bracket
02 24 16 003
now you mount the winch to the top bracket before you put the bracket on(one of the make it easier for the next guy HaHa) note when you put the top bracket with the winch on it make sure that you have it all the way up so you will have clearance on the bottom of the winch02 24 16 004the bracket is slotted so make sure that is all the way up
02 24 16 005
havent wired it yet but the instructions are very good will post more when i get it wired where you mount your electrics is to your own taste the angle is not bad but not much room to ingage and disengage the winch working on a easier way to do it
Hope this helps

Reactions: Hondasxs and Tot
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You dont have to remove the plastics mine was already off for the color change just have to remove the bumper

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How would the angle to the fairlead be if you mounted the winch the other way, with the line coming from the bottom of the drum and the winch selector on the drivers side? I have the same mount, and plan on getting to it tonight.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
don't know but I will check it and get back to you

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
don't know but I will check it and get back to you

Thanks, but I tried to install mine in both directions last night and it didn't workout the way I wanted. The winch rope was rubbing the top cross bolt on the winch when I ran it through the fairlead. I would check yours for clearance, I don't think that single cross bolt could handle much pressure without bending or snapping. Might have been just my winch, Warn ProVantage 4500-s

Reactions: pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you run the rope under the bar or over it when the winch is in all the way it is close but it will have more space but I have the super atv 4500lb winch on mine only bad thing is getting to the release but working on a fix for that

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you run the rope under the bar or over it when the winch is in all the way it is close but it will have more space but I have the super atv 4500lb winch on mine only bad thing is getting to the release but working on a fix for that

Under it, once you spooled the winch out a ways the entire weight on the winch line would be resting on that bolt if you went over.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yep thats the way mine is I thought about moving the flairhead down to help the angle and go with uhmw to cover the old hole which might be the way to go what do you think

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!