P1000 Stereo install -??

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So here goes it
Bought these items below mtx speakers and amp. Along with the Boss MGR450B Marine Radio headunit in the pictures. As I looked for wiring diagrams I was having second thoughts on getting this. It’s been years since I hooked up a stereo.
My plan
Install the speakers rear or mid roll bar
Then start with this head unit install
I am worried that the head unit will not be compatible with the amp but I’ll see when I get the boxes opened up.
I assume that the headunit will have the RCA cables that connect to amp and the amp you would run your wires to the speakers?
ANY info would help or if one of you have this installed on your rig send me some pictures
The kit I bought from eBay has
  • MUD100.2 2-Channel Amplifier
  • MUD65PL Cage Mount Speakers
  • PS1K-10 Amplifier Installation Kit
  • ZN1MR35 Interconnect
  • SCP1850BL Speaker Wire

9B7CA18F 3A25 4924 8A64 35E804B41DC3 3E9F68F2 C2A6 45D8 A8C8 096851C95C90

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
R

rickoshea

that is basically a plug and play system.very simple install and it's almost impossible to screw it up.i did almost the same one in my boat.the hardest part was running speaker wires.directions are simple to follow,make sure you wire the striped one to a keyed on power source or it won't function properly.

Reactions: Lady01
Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted it to be able to play radio when key is off. I’ve seen people on here wire their switch panel to have power when key is off. I’m going to try to make it just like that.
waiting for all the stuff to get to the house.!!

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking of adding 2 smaller speakers somewhere in front but with just that mighty max second battery (already have the dual battery setup). That it would drain that battery pretty quick. Any suggestions for front speakers

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking of adding 2 smaller speakers somewhere in front but with just that mighty max second battery (already have the dual battery setup). That it would drain that battery pretty quick. Any suggestions for front speakers
You'll be fine I have 2 factory batteries and have no problems with my 700 watt system 4 4 1/2 and one 10" sub

20170901 105503 20171014 173838 20180304 193008

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have the 3 inch round boss radio and 4 wake tower speakers. I have the mighty max for my second battery with key on/key off switch. We camped on the trail 2 weeks ago and my radio played for 12 straight hours before the battery ran down enough for the radio to quit. You don't have to worry about running the second battery down as long as it's isolated from the main battery.

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 3 inch round boss radio and 4 wake tower speakers. I have the mighty max for my second battery with key on/key off switch. We camped on the trail 2 weeks ago and my radio played for 12 straight hours before the battery ran down enough for the radio to quit. You don't have to worry about running the second battery down as long as it's isolated from the main battery.
I’m going to look into how you got it wired for key on/off
That seems like the thing I’ll need

R

rickoshea

you wire the unit red wire to constant power and it will work without key on,but you have to wire the key on as well.it won't work properly if you don't.i have mine wired directly to my trolling motor battery bank and it works without turning the key on.i originally had my key on power wired to constant and it wasn't happy.

Reactions: BWAF and Lady01
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So does that switch have “3” positions ? Lower middle upper?
Yes that’s what you need. There are two types momentary and maintained. Momentary is what you would use on a winch. It won’t stay engaged without constant pressure. You want a maintained switch one that stayed engaged until you move it to another position. 3 positions on mine upper is key on middle is off bottom is on without key

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You just need to control the stinger that controls your 2nd fuse box with a maintained on/off/on switch.

View attachment 264672
So do you have a another diagram for this set up? I was also just thinking of having one toggle switch to power the switch panel. That’s where the stereo would get it’s power from - does that make sense

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So does that switch have “3” positions ? Lower middle upper?
Yes that’s what you need. There are two types momentary and maintained. Momentary is what you would use on a winch. It won’t stay engaged without constant pressure. You want a maintained switch one that stayed engaged until you move it to another position. 3 positions on mine upper is key on middle is off bottom is on without key
So do you have a another diagram for this set up? I was also just thinking of having one toggle switch to power the switch panel. That’s where the stereo would get it’s power from - does that make sense
yes you can just use a simple switch. There are a lot of different ways to do this. A hot wire from the battery to switch then a another out to stinger and your good. That’s a simple unlit switch. If you want it to light up when it’s on prob need a ground. More light more jumpers. I will say they are difficult to find in the dark.

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I’ll get pictures on here tomorrow. BUT the stereo is installed and it’s way better than I expected.
however I had to mess with the amp’s settings to get it just right and it’s loud.
The only thing I was missing from the kit was male to male RCA wires.
Simple install once I looked at the diagrams like 5 times

Dubfab

Dubfab

Sep 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did give up on those (EBay/Amazon) rocker switches. They were only lasting me a year. I already had to replace the whole switch cluster twice. So this time around I just got some regular toggle switch from the car box stores for a temporary fix till I find something better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!