P700 Winch issues already?

O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
Viper 3500 max. Bought less than a year ago, hardly ever used and then very lightly when it was. The solenoid just clicks.....this is while engine is running. Funny thing.....when I freespool the winch and then lock it, it will operate and take the cable in, but as soon as it gets any pressure, it slows down and struggles. When I try to press switch again.....same problem.....click click. All cables are tight, no corrosion, new unit on a 6 month old 700/4.

Faulty winch motor?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
sounds like the brushes are not making connection with the armature the winch has a lifetime warranty call peter at motoalliance 1-866-527-7637 he will fix you up

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But it used to work just fine correct?

O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
But it used to work just fine correct?

When I first "used" it, it wouldn't catch right away after freespool even though the lever was fully engaged; I have to give it a "tug" to make the winch catch........then it would work. I've never used the winch for anything other than a backup line while trailering, and even then it's not tight.....just in case the front strap pops.

It's mounted high on an EMP front bumper. It's never been wet or submerged.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
like big c said I bet its a stuck brush, if it has a warranty then send it back, if not you'll need to take it apart and clean the brushes and if the freespool/engage isn't working i'd take it apart (i'd do it on any winch I install) and grease all the gears/ what not inside the cases and clean the brush holder and reinstall.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I first "used" it, it wouldn't catch right away after freespool even though the lever was fully engaged; I have to give it a "tug" to make the winch catch........then it would work. I've never used the winch for anything other than a backup line while trailering, and even then it's not tight.....just in case the front strap pops.

It's mounted high on an EMP front bumper. It's never been wet or submerged.
Just wondering if you have a loose wire or something in line is screwy, I had a switch go bad on a atv. But don't recall the exact symptoms, I would double check all the connections and I'm sure a phone call to the manufacturer could trouble shoot it real quick.

BobsPioneer

BobsPioneer

Sep 28, 2015
Jump the winch directly with a jump box and see if it works right. If it does its wiring switch or contactor

Reactions: Plumber32
O

OutdoorEd

Apr 25, 2015
Update; jumped the winch direct and it didn't budge. Called the factory and they are sending me a new motor to swap it out.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
motoalliance is a great company....products are good,and their customer service is next to none

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!