P700 Windshield and Led bar

L

Lawqj

Sep 29, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
New owner of a Pioneer 2017 700-4 deluxe wondering what people's thoughts are on windshields. What brand do you recommend fold down flip up ?

Also what aftermarket LED Bar Light are you using?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
These guys are buying that cheap crap on amazon
And having good luck with themo_O
I bought Cree leds and paid out the azz.
I love them but we're exspensive.
A lot of guys have the Honda 2 piece windshield and like it.
I use a homemade lexan but will be moving to 2 piece something.
Being able to go down dusty roads slow and open the front to rid the dust is very nice.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
We just purchased a 700-4 Deluxe ourselves with roof and the 2pc hard coat honda windshield.
Only had it about a week now but the windshield seems well made and thought out. Just took the upper section out this morning since its been nice lately. Pretty easy to remove and replace. Pricey, but we took the plunge since we got 25% off acc. purchases

Still reading up on the LED bars myself but most likely will be going the cheap Amazon route as well, for the same reason ohanacreek points out

Reactions: Lawqj
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Cheap led's from amazon and honda 2 piece w/ hardcoat. I have no problems with the honda windshield, I remove the upper part for summer and put it back when the temps cool down. It doesn't open very far, but the time of year I have the top part on you really don't need it open to far.

Reactions: Lawqj
Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I got a Honda hard roof, Koplin hard coat folding windshield, and an eBay 42" 240 watt LED light bar. I'm very happy with everything so far.

Reactions: Lawqj and swsebek
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I have the SuperATV flip up windshield with the hard coating and so far I have no complaints at all. Where I live the temps change pretty good from morning, to afternoon, to evening...so having the option of closing the window to keep cold air off and open to get a breeze and cool off is nice. I have to travel with mine on my truck a good bit in order to ride it...and it is thick enough to hold up those speeds and not have any scratches. Biggest thing with the windshield is to make sure you go with the hard coating for sure!!! Money well spent!!!

On the lights...I am with @swsebek...I went with the high end lights..but have not mounted yet to give opinion. But it does seem everyone else is really pleased with the cheap ones and have had no issues!?

Congrats on new machine and good luck on your choices!

Reactions: Lawqj and swsebek
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I had a Honda tilt windshield and Auxbeam 50" curved on my 700.
20170212 170901
now I have the Super ATV flip up and an Auxbeam 52 straight bar.
Really liked both bars and the tilt up windshield. Being able to fully open the windshield for low siped and really hot days is perfect for my use.

L

Lawqj

Sep 29, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had a Honda tilt windshield and Auxbeam 50" curved on my 700.View attachment 55871now I have the Super ATV flip up and an Auxbeam 52 straight bar.
Really liked both bars and the tilt up windshield. Being able to fully open the windshield for low siped and really hot days is perfect for my use.
Why did you change windshields? I have been leaning toward oem windshield, but was hoping to get some feedback from another brand that was not as much and just as good. Also why the change from the curved led to the straight?

T

Tri2hunt

Oct 30, 2017
The Woods
Ownership

1. 700-4
2 piece Honda windshield hard coat and LED's from Amazon. Just order lights with Cree, osram, or Phillips and they will last.

Thedirkster

Thedirkster

Nov 4, 2017
Ceres, Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
How did you mount the light bar? Any chance in showing a pic of mounting bracket \ mechanism you used ??

Thanx, TheDirkster..,.

L

Lawqj

Sep 29, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just installed the two piece Honda hard coat window this weekend. Does any body have pics of the bottom latches ( I am trying to figure out if i put them in the right location.) When I drive the the latches seem to come lose and the window vibrates them lose. Also would like to see how people are mount the LED bars around the window as well like thedirkster asked.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the two piece Honda hard coat window this weekend. Does any body have pics of the bottom latches ( I am trying to figure out if i put them in the right location.) When I drive the the latches seem to come lose and the window vibrates them lose. Also would like to see how people are mount the LED bars around the window as well like thedirkster asked.
Snap a few pics of what your set up looks like. We can help from there.

R

Rexter

Jul 7, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a Honda tilt windshield and Auxbeam 50" curved on my 700.View attachment 55871now I have the Super ATV flip up and an Auxbeam 52 straight bar.

I wondered what a 50” curved would look like on a 700. Not bad. I’ve been researching what the stupid little aux fuse box can handle and 10 amps is max and that’s thru the heater connection. That’s 120 watts max. 240 watts would be double the rating so how did you hook it up?

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Just an fyi the only windshield that fits against the roof and prevents air from blowing in over it that I have seen is a Honda windshield with a Honda hard roof. I have a 2 piece and a custom built overhead radio and with the air gap between the Honda roof and windshield there is a significant amount of air that comes down in your face water will also do the same when it rains.

R

Rexter

Jul 7, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just an fyi the only windshield that fits against the roof and prevents air from blowing in over it that I have seen is a Honda windshield with a Honda hard roof. I have a 2 piece and a custom built overhead radio and with the air gap between the Honda roof and windshield there is a significant amount of air that comes down in your face water will also do the same when it rains.
Glad I got the oem split windshield and roof then! You need the option to pop the window open to get the breeze going here in Florida!

C

Carlton

Aug 25, 2018
AL
Ownership

1. 700-4
What bracket did you use on the 50" curved light bar that is in picture??

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!