P1000 Windshield options

T

Teets

Jan 24, 2016
Horse Shoe Run
I have been looking at windshields for my 1000 and could use some feedback. I like the durability of glass while wanting one that opens. SuperATV has flip up windshields for the 700 and 500 but not the 1000 yet. I see that they have recently added a solid full windshield for the 1000 so hopefully the flip up is coming soon. Has anybody used their flip out windshields? Has anybody considered making a glass version of the flip up? I could make a glass flip up and add wipers fairly cheaply and not worry about scratches but I wanted info before biting the bullet and going that direction.

DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
0220161345c
I have been looking at windshields for my 1000 and could use some feedback. I like the durability of glass while wanting one that opens. SuperATV has flip up windshields for the 700 and 500 but not the 1000 yet. I see that they have recently added a solid full windshield for the 1000 so hopefully the flip up is coming soon. Has anybody used their flip out windshields? Has anybody considered making a glass version of the flip up? I could make a glass flip up and add wipers fairly cheaply and not worry about scratches but I wanted info before biting the bullet and going that direction.
my take on this windshield bit. i have the glass and love it but it created a dust issue for me. so i will only use it when i know it will be bad weather or cold season and deal with the dust. i just recently installed the 1/4 windscreen from honda and dust issue solved. and to my surprise it actually deflects most of the wind in front unlike my previous polaris ranger one did . i will use this for summer months

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

A company named Alumalite Armor makes a flip out glass windshield for the P500 I am hoping they follow suit for the P1000.

Gallery