P500 Windshield recommendations

D

dmirwin80

Feb 18, 2022
Hart Mi
Ownership

1. 500
What's everyone's choice for a windshield for there 520. Not sure about glass or poly.

Reactions: crewcabrob
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
My choice is SATV flip , BUT you can't access under hood without removing the lower section or doing the hinge mod . BUT in MI you may benefit form a wiper more then the ability to completely open/close or vent windshield at any time on the move or not . I have a 3 pc poly fold down on my P5 , a full glass (fold down) on my RZR (have to stop and get out to open or close both of these) and a SATV flip on my Talon . If the SATV flip would have been first instead of last , they would all have it . Wiper may scratch the SATV flip but the ability to open/close/vent while on the fly is the BEST . Mine is 4 yrs (6k miles) old and scratch free so far .

Reactions: crewcabrob
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome from central upstate N.Y
Red was the 1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell.
Good people & information on the Honda forum <> AND they LIKE PICTURES.
All <> are here to Help you <> Lower your Net Worth.

Windshield requirements Depends on your preferences & use of the SXS.
Recomendations:
Stay away from <> NON-HARD Coat <> ( Scratches to Easy).
Venting of some sort is preferred.
Wiper & washer preferred.
Adding a Full Winshield almost Requires : Venting <> Roof <> Rear panel <> to control Dust / Exhaust Fumes & Heat
Glass or OEM Hard Coat Poly Tipout are about same $$$$ have both & prefer Glass ( inexpensive to replace if needed ).

801 glass ( check online for price ) <> Bottom Tips-out" <> for vent & hood removal <> includes manual wiper.
Does not <> include rubber seal at the Top to Roof <> ( local Automotive pic & pull "Trunk Seal" works ).

Pictured on P520 <> 801 windshield & ( Hard Rear Panel with "Slide Open" window <> can be seen in another post )

20220609 085343 20220407 093231

Parttime

Parttime

Feb 24, 2021
West Monroe La
Ownership

1. 500
What's everyone's choice for a windshield for there 520. Not sure about glass or poly.
I have the SATV windshield I like it except the fact I can’t access the under the hood as mentioned. I will be doing the hinge mod soon. Now with mine I had to trim about 1/4 inch off each side of the bottom part to fit in between the roll cage. No sure if why that was but hey. My neighbor had the stock Honda windshield and he likes his.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Ran at UTV801 glass windshield at PTO and have no complaints. Would have been nice to be able to open it all the way, ala SATV, but it has a vent on the bottom that allows airflow and access to remove the hood, so, tradeoff I guess. Despite relatively hot weather, I never felt overly warm in the cab. The vent seemed like enough airflow to keep me cool and the wiper was nice for the dust accumulation. It's just a bit more than the SATV, last I checked. Also, the glass is replaceable should you break it, but it seems pretty thick.

Reactions: futzin and trigger
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Ran at UTV801 glass windshield at PTO and have no complaints. Would have been nice to be able to open it all the way, ala SATV, but it has a vent on the bottom that allows airflow and access to remove the hood, so, tradeoff I guess. Despite relatively hot weather, I never felt overly warm in the cab. The vent seemed like enough airflow to keep me cool and the wiper was nice for the dust accumulation. It's just a bit more than the SATV, last I checked. Also, the glass is replaceable should you break it, but it seems pretty thick.

Fair assessment.

the wiper was nice for the dust accumulation.

Yeah, I was seriously envious during that last run-in! And thanks for frequently checking on us newbs, I appreciated it. Enjoyed riding with you! See ya on that other forum . . . :)

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!