P1000 Windshield shoulder washers

S

scdaf

Mar 31, 2021
central Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2021 p1k5 with the oem Honda 2-piece hardcoat windshield, installed by my dealer. One of the allen bolts and shoulder washers fell out on the trail and I'm havig real problems locatin suitable nylon shoulder washer for replacement. Parts guy at the dealership looked long and hard with no joy. The washers seem mandatory to avoid putting the strain of the fastener from reaching the plastic windshield. Anybody have a link?

Thanks in advance, Dave

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2021 p1k5 with the oem Honda 2-piece hardcoat windshield, installed by my dealer. One of the allen bolts and shoulder washers fell out on the trail and I'm havig real problems locatin suitable nylon shoulder washer for replacement. Parts guy at the dealership looked long and hard with no joy. The washers seem mandatory to avoid putting the strain of the fastener from reaching the plastic windshield. Anybody have a link?

Thanks in advance, Dave
Your dealer is about the only hope you have. My oem hard roof came in without the cam lever on one clamp. I tried to call honda to get another and they said go to the dealer where you bought it. Trouble is, I didn't buy it from a dealer. I just used a ziptie. Honda seems to not want to be bothered with the end user.

CSmock

CSmock

Lifetime Member
May 24, 2023
Kodak, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks in advance, Dave
Hey Dave, I have the same issue and a forum search lead me to your post. Like you, I didn't have any luck at the local dealer. Were you ever able to find the allen bolts with shoulder washer?
Thanks!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple of considerations . . . you're dealing with Polycarbonate (one trade name, Lexan) with a hard coat treatment. This stuff is tougher than nails compared to acrylic (Plexiglas). While acrylic is good in that scratches can be buffed out, and it's optically clearer than glass, the bad news is that it has a tendency to break on impact and make sharp shards.

To avoid stressed when mounting Plexi (not the stuff you are dealing with) it's common to drill the holes oversize and insert an O-ring as a hole liner so the fastener will not stress the Plexi.

When mounting the Polycarbonate, plastic washers will do, but you can always over-drill and use an O-ring too if you're concerned. An alternate to O-ring would be short length of rubber or soft plastic tubing to make the spacer.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey Dave, I have the same issue and a forum search lead me to your post. Like you, I didn't have any luck at the local dealer. Were you ever able to find the allen bolts with shoulder washer?
Thanks!
Kudos for digging this one up that never got answers like we ask all to come back with there results and dont leave us hanging like Epstine.
@scdaf is still around, been a few weeks tho. Hopfully he can put some closure with links and pics on this one for others who search.

Reactions: CSmock

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!