P1000 Windshield washer

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
20200525 150237

2020 P1K5D. My accessorized Talon has spoiled me so I wanted to add a few accessories to my Pioneer. I went to my local dealership today and picked up a glass windshield, a wiper kit, the harness and a switch plate kit (I also got the roof, Honda branded Warn winch and mounting kit). I was surprised and disappointed to learn that the wiper kit doesn't come with a bladder and pump to wash the windshield. This was the entire point in going with a glass windshield to start with, so that I could wash it when mud inevitably lands directly in my line of sight. The parts guy spent a half hour on hold with Honda trying to figure out what he needed to order for me to make this work, but he never got a human on the phone.
He stated that I might be able to get a Talon kit to work, but before I start trying to Frankenstein a $500 kit to make it work in a Pioneer, I figured I'd ask you guys what's the best way to get a functional windshield washer in a Pioneer. Search function results seemed old enough to suggest that maybe things have changed.
Thanks!

Last edited:
CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
View attachment 204547

2020 P1K5D. My accessorized Talon has spoiled me so I wanted to add a few accessories to my Pioneer. I went to my local dealership today and picked up a glass windshield, a wiper kit, the harness and a switch plate kit (I also got the roof, Honda branded Warn winch and mounting kit). I was surprised and disappointed to learn that the wiper kit doesn't come with a bladder and pump to wash the windshield. This was the entire point in going with a glass windshield to start with, so that I could wash it when mud inevitably lands directly in my line of sight. The parts guy spent a half hour on hold with Honda trying to figure out what he needed to order for me to make this work, but he never got a human on the phone.
Me stated that I might be able to get a Talon kit to work, but before I start trying to Frankenstein a $500 kit to make it work in a Pioneer, I figured I'd ask you guys what's the best way to get a functional windshield washer in a Pioneer. Search function results seemed old enough to suggest that maybe things have changed.
Thanks!
Well I just put the wiper kit on my talon. The bladder and pump is on a separate bracket. Really easy install. Im not sure how the wiper mounts on the P1K5. Maybe go look at the Talon wiper kit install instructions on here, see if that helps you any. Hope this helps 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MontanaBighorn
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just go to junk yard and find 70's plymouth. Has button on floor that is actually bellows to pump fluid. Container I found on old chevy fit perfect. A mechanical system that's so simple, how can it go wrong? Price? A total of $12.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!