P1000 Windshield wiper: worth it?

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Getting ready to order the full Hard Cab enclosure by DFK for my '18 LE 3 seater. The windshield is a full flip with tempered safety glass. The power wiper option is $404 and includes the fluid tank and dash mounted switch. How well do these wiper kits work on side x sides? I can always add it later but if they provide a real benefit I'll get it now. Thanks for any info.

2016-2018 HardCabs Honda Pioneer 1000 Full Cab Enclosure

Reactions: Lady01
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready to order the full Hard Cab enclosure by DFK for my '18 LE 3 seater. The windshield is a full flip with tempered safety glass. The power wiper option is $404 and includes the fluid tank and dash mounted switch. How well do these wiper kits work on side x sides? I can always add it later but if they provide a real benefit I'll get it now. Thanks for any info.

For the cost savings I'd just do a manual wiper. Don't quote me, but I think guys were doing them for under $50. I'm betting you could do a squirter from salvage yard parts on the cheap if you wanted. Then your only difference is the manual wipe vs power wipe.

N

northcounty

Dec 2, 2013
Friend Place CA
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
We're using for a 1 hour commute with Camso from home to stored vehicle near county plowed road; could not use during snow/rain without wiper and condensation rag (rag until operating temp reached).

Reactions: Lady01 and Remote
OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Honda OEM glass and wiper. For me it was an absolute. I was able to do it for about $250 without the Switch Plate / Volt Meter / Wire Harness because I wired my own switch and wiper park relay. I see they are down to $199 on Amazon. I don't have a fluid tank but I have managed just fine without one. I love mine and can't imagine operating without one or having to manually clear the windshield.

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You can get a tank/washer kit on Amazon for less than $20, I put on on the Donkey along with a manual wiper.

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
The hand op wipers work fine especially for intermittent use. I have one on my 700. I mainly use the wiper in the winter time while plowing snow. However, I would rather go to a powered wiper as ever since I added a heater kit I get a lot more melting snow/water on the windshield so consequently I’m constantly going from winch control to wiper operation, so It’d be nice to have it powered.

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for all the info guys. I figured I was already spending $3,500 on the cab so I might as well go all in and get the wiper. I'm not going to do a heater at first though. Assuming I really need a heated I'm guessing the $80 12v universal model might do the trick.

Raynman

Raynman

Sudo Flotation device inspector
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

How happy are you with the windshield on this cab enclosure? looks like you can drive full open or around 6" open, how is the air flow, quality of product?
Thanks
Ray

advertisement
M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I have the DFK cab and I am extremely happy with it. I also have the wiper and I must say that is does come in very handy from time to time. The only downside to having the wiper for me is that I have to be careful when driving through brush and lower hanging limbs that I don't catch the wiper and rip it off. All in all, if I had to repurchase another cab system it would definitely be the DFK and I would get the wiper with it.

Raynman

Raynman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the DFK cab and I am extremely happy with it. I also have the wiper and I must say that is does come in very handy from time to time. The only downside to having the wiper for me is that I have to be careful when driving through brush and lower hanging limbs that I don't catch the wiper and rip it off. All in all, if I had to repurchase another cab system it would definitely be the DFK and I would get the wiper with it.
can you ride with the windshield open?

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes. The windshield tilts out leaving the opening at the bottom. You can open it to about 6 inches and ride however you would like. You can also open it all the way and ride. I open it all the way, for most of my riding in the summer, but I am very careful when riding with it fully open. I don't want to catch it with any limbs, and i don't want to ride really hard and bounce it in any extreme way.. but it does provide complete air flow and works well as long as you aren't racing hard, or going through low lying limbs. You can also remove the windshield very easily. I haven't had the need to do this as I just typically ride easier with it up in the summer. If I need to be in rougher situations with it I just open it to the 6 inch setting.

Raynman

Raynman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm learning a lot here, nice people!

vdefender

vdefender

Feb 1, 2021
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think this flip up windshield is what I am leaning toward! I live where it's hot and dusty in the summer, but my new Pioneer will also be my winter snow plow. So I need something that I can flip up in the summer for the breeze, but still provide full enclosure that I can freely scrape snow / ice off of in the winter without scratching it. The downside is that just the windshield is pretty pricey compared to other glass window options.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think this flip up windshield is what I am leaning toward! I live where it's hot and dusty in the summer, but my new Pioneer will also be my winter snow plow. So I need something that I can flip up in the summer for the breeze, but still provide full enclosure that I can freely scrape snow / ice off of in the winter without scratching it. The downside is that just the windshield is pretty pricey compared to other glass window options.
Idk if you can scrape ice off the superatv flip up without scratching it. They tell you not to use a squeegee on them but I've seen several guys doing it without any harm. I believe If I had to leave it outside, I would come up with some kind of cover for the windshield. I've had mine 2 years with plenty of abuse and only a few minor scratches. I would buy it all over again.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!