Windshield

marchinkeja

marchinkeja

Feb 15, 2015
Carpendale,Wv
I just recently purchased the pioneer 500. I wanted suggestions on what windshield to go with. I have looked at a couple, one is full windshield from Super atv. The second was one i found on ebay, It is a Full tilt windshield. Does anyone have any experience with either of these windshields?

M

McKay59AB

Aug 20, 2014
N.Central Washington
I too looked into a few aftermarket windshields. One that stated "full" windshield was actually 3 inches less than full. Not sure about dust and rain on that one. The other, a tilting one has a hinge line across it, which was more on the negative side rather than positive. I looked for a real glass one and did not find one as of yet. I finally just ordered the Honda OEM hardcoat windshield. If you shop around one can be had for much less than retail with free shipping.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda tilt out windshield and I consider the tilt out part to be a necessity. If the temperature is above 60*-70* I will have the windshield tipped out, from just a little to all the way, depending on how hot it is. There is quite a bit of heat generated from the motor and with the windshield all the way closed it gets hot in there. Also in very dusty situations cracking the windshield keep dust out of the cab. I will say that adding a back panel helped the dust in the cab a lot. I bought a cheap, soft plastic windshield for like $40 off Amazon, I think it was for a Polaris RZR, and trap strapped it to the rear cage of the 500, works great for a rear panel. Also be very careful cleaning any poly windshield, I ruined mine with a Squeegee at a gas station, also found out Windex type cleaners are a big no, no, too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!