P500 Windshield

N

Nascar60

Jun 19, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Wanting to replace original windshield on my Honda 500, it is very hard to see through it, especially when riding towards the sun it is alot of glare, the previous owner had apparently used something that scratch it all up. I have probably done some of it as I have been trying to clean it. I would only use water and a soft cloth on it. Where would be the cheapest place to get a new windshield. I have checked honda web site. I have also checked ebay.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
SuperATV is a very popular windshield that lots of people use. Check it out at superatv.com and If you like it, PM @SuperATV I think Eric will hook you up with a discount code.

• Love
Reactions: SuperATV
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
If considering another OEM hard coat $432 on HondaPartsKing. Some have used the old windshield as a frame to mount laminated glass for much less expense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use water then finish with plexus any new poly winsheld u buy

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
If it ain’t glass it’s going to get scratched up. Half windshields are ok, not great, but usable.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
If buying another get glass or hard coated. Mine got scratched up from towing with cover, soft towel i had covering it came loose. Anyway i used a random orbital polisher and polishing compound and back to new condition. Just like if polishing a car using a good quality polisher and compounds.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hey! We have some great options!
giphy.gif

The flip up windshield is BY FAR the most popular out there. Fully open, fully closed, or vented.
Or the full...

Plus...you get a nice little discount for being a member here.

advertisement
L

leboyd

Jun 14, 2020
houston
I'll probably buy one for mine (doesn't have one now), but you may want to try to resurface yours. Take a look at how you polish and sand old plastic headlights on cars. It's the same idea. I've done this to a couple of cars and it lasted for years.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
What kind of discount and how does one get it? Is there a special promo code or something?
Yep! Special forum member code that I change regularly. Just shoot me a PM whenever you're ready to pull the trigger on anything, and I'll shoot you the current code.

Reactions: lee
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Walmart Pledge for cleaning plastic shields. Lower sun season coming which really sucks for visibility with the slightest amount of dirt. I go half shield in summer and full in winter.

Reactions: trigger
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
You ask - "Where would be the cheapest place to get a new windshield."
I would ask "Where would I get the best windshield for my money"
I had a plastic windshield that scratched due to sand, mud etc. I had purchased this because at the time nobody offered a glass windshield.
When I found out about the glass windshields from sxswindshields I ordered one. Very high quality, fast shipping and well packaged. Fred is great to work with.
Check out this previous post - Honda 500 Full Glass Windshield - The Honda Side by Side Club! - Photos of my windshield are on page 3 post #45.
Since this post, I have added two windshield wipers and a windshield washer tank, pump and spray nozzles, which I wouldn't recommend on plastic.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!