Winter Weather Warmth. What do you Wear?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I didn't know Russians were that furry... :rolleyes:

5387DB45 9834 487B 895D 837EE50DF88F

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If I'm going to be out in the cold for an extended period, I layer, start out with silk or high tec long johns, next a wool blend long john second layer, fleece lined pants, heavy flannel shirt, hoodie, Carheart bibs and coat, Sheep skin hat, first layer stocks Omniwool socks for the first layer, throw the second layer socks in a bag with my boots in the back of the truck if i'm going to drive, drive in Croc's until I get there, put on the second pair of socks and boots, if Im hunting and have to walk aways, I unzip my legs on my bibs above my boot tops and lace my boots very loosely for ventilation. When I get to my stand and cool down, I batten the hatches. As for gloves for hunting , I don't use them, I bow hunt, I use mittens with the flip back finger pockets, If I'm riding, I use a light glove a hand warmers in my gloves.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
EAE16776 EAAB 4AA6 8BEF BF8F7B23D46C
What are you guys wearing while you’re out riding your pioneers on winter trails? Are you guys using some type of heated suits or just lots of long John underwear and wool? I took the P5 out for a spin today in my “yard” even though I was wearing some ski pants and gloves I was pretty much frost bit by the time I got back. I have a full windshield and roof plus the rear panel but a lot of stuff blew in from the side. Wondering if some type of doors are a good investment? Also curious as to whether or not a good heated suit something is worth buying. I’m not really familiar with them other than from what I’ve seen With motorcyclists. How do you plug one in and where do you plug it into? Do they work well or should I just do some doors? I know that removing the heat/noise barrier I made would increase cab heat but I can’t imaging it’d be much with no doors and then there’s the noise to deal with. Any comments welcome and thankee.

I ride the trails in winter with my 500, like to keep it to days around 20 and up, have the Honda fabric door and they work good enough, I also purchased a heated seat cover i plug into the power outlet, other than that I wear good snowsuit and good boots and I stay plenty warm

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 89605

I ride the trails in winter with my 500, like to keep it to days around 20 and up, have the Honda fabric door and they work good enough, I also purchased a heated seat cover i plug into the power outlet, other than that I wear good snowsuit and good boots and I stay plenty warm
Would you happen to have a link for that heated seat cover?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If I'm going to be out in the cold for an extended period, I layer, start out with silk or high tec long johns, next a wool blend long john second layer, fleece lined pants, heavy flannel shirt, hoodie, Carheart bibs and coat, Sheep skin hat, first layer stocks Omniwool socks for the first layer, throw the second layer socks in a bag with my boots in the back of the truck if i'm going to drive, drive in Croc's until I get there, put on the second pair of socks and boots, if Im hunting and have to walk aways, I unzip my legs on my bibs above my boot tops and lace my boots very loosely for ventilation. When I get to my stand and cool down, I batten the hatches. As for gloves for hunting , I don't use them, I bow hunt, I use mittens with the flip back finger pockets, If I'm riding, I use a light glove a hand warmers in my gloves.
Sounds like you live in North Dakota instead of Arkansas, lol. What is the average temp for bow hunting season?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sounds like you live in North Dakota instead of Arkansas, lol. What is the average temp for bow hunting season?
Considering it starts on September 28 and it’s STILL over 90* for the highs, I’d say he’s hunting in shorts and a T-shirt. :D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Early season can be hot, usually skip the hot days, deer usually don't move when it's hot, 25 to 30 degrees in the morning and may get up to 40 45 in the day, in these hills / mountains, you think your set up for the wind, but busted, depending how hard the wind is blowing. I have been colder at 45 to 50 degrees with the wind howling out of the North, than a 10 degree day with a light wind. Reminds me I need to call Winners strings and get a new string, they have me on file, just call them give them my name and address.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Considering it starts on September 28 and it’s STILL over 90* for the highs, I’d say he’s hunting in shorts and a T-shirt. :D
I will send you a picture of me, in my hot weather atire, camo wife beater shirt and my g string, HA!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wear a long sleeve t-shirt, shorts. And socks with my flops......wait I forgot to say I live in Florida!

Sorry folks I couldn't resist........
Ok so most of winter I’m jealous because riding becomes limited and we don’t get out as much but you can’t get this too far south.
This was on Christmas morning at like 1am and we were Plenty warm.

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok so most of winter I’m jealous because riding becomes limited and we don’t get out as much but you can’t get this too far south.
This was on Christmas morning at like 1am and we were Plenty warm.
I do have to say that during the holidays not having snow would be a punishment! Nothing quite like winter riding!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
blasting around in the snow is fun, we have real winters here, some days it never even gets positive. i worked in the cold for over ten years and ride all year, few times a month, you never see anyone working anyway with any power crap or warmers, all everyone wears is artic carhart bibs, jacket, boots and gloves are real big, like 6-1000g thinsulate. also real big, i started on sleds about 25 years ago, a good snowmobile designed helmet keeps your head so much warmer than a motorcycle or atv one

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!