TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An easy to remember formula for current, resistance and voltage calculations is:

I=E/R

Indian sees the Eagle over the Rabbit, and conversely
Eagle sees the Indian over the Rabbit E=I/R and the Rabbit see the Eagle over the Indian R=E/I.

R is resistance in ohms
I is current in amperage
E is voltage in volts

And on lights
Divide the wattage of the light by lamp by the voltage and you will get the current draw in amps.

A lot of switches will now power small LED lights without burning up your switch, due to their low current draw, but a big 50+ inch LED light bar will most likely need a relay for prolonged use, or the switch will burn.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello, please explain what is done being done by adding the combination item and how it benefits the machine. Sorry but I just don’t not know the product and would like to learn about it. Thanks

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, please explain what is done being done by adding the combination item and how it benefits the machine. Sorry but I just don’t not know the product and would like to learn about it. Thanks

Adding a bunch of accessories takes planning. Generally, you will want a busbar or fuse block wired to the battery to connect the accessories to for powerd distribution. A busbar wired directly to a battery will be constantly hot whether the machine is on or not. If you leave an accessory on, it will kill the battery. Like playing the radio in camp, the playlist ends and musics stops, and you forget to turn it off. If you add relays, isolators, switches, second battery etc., you create a system to manage the power and prevent killing the starting battery. When you start the machine (or flip a switch) the busbar is powered up and you can run your accessories. It's also for safety. Everything should be fused in case of a short circuit which is not uncommon in a high vibration environment. You don't need a busbar if you only plan to add a couple lights. Those kits usually come with their own relays and such. If you add a second battery, this is when you may want a battery separator/isolator and features to manage power distribution.

Reactions: Rottiedog
R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All you’ve said make sense and seems very wise to wire it as such. Haven’t thought about it very well, it just seemed like an overkill. Now after reading your response if I’m going to add I will think twice before doing it. It’s all in the planning. Thanks again.

C

C_roberts96

May 13, 2020
Willis, Texas
What’s the best way to find key on power for my fuse block and how do I wire the 5 pin master power switch to the stinger to over ride key on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZRocks

AZRocks

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
  • Haha
Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What’s the best way to find key on power for my fuse block and how do I wire the 5 pin master power switch to the stinger to over ride key on?

If you buy the kits from the store, @Hondasxs can walk you through any issues. I'm retarded and @Hondasxs sat there on the phone with me for 45 mins troubleshooting switches that weren't even his for an install. He's an alright fella :).

C

C_roberts96

May 13, 2020
Willis, Texas
If you buy the kits from the store, @Hondasxs can walk you through any issues. I'm retarded and @Hondasxs sat there on the phone with me for 45 mins troubleshooting switches that weren't even his for an install. He's an alright fella :).

What gauge wire is best for lights and what’s best for the switches

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!