P1000 Wiring up 7 pin DPDT switch

CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all,

I am sure someone has already posted this somewhere or asked this question. But I'm wanting to have key on power as well as key off power. So how would I power my switch into my stinger isolator/relay. The switch I'm using has 7 pins. 7 being ground. Would I run a power wire from my 2nd battery and from my acc fuse to the switch then run then what next? Kind of confused on how I would wire it honestly.

S l400 1

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
so your wanting power for when the key is off but want to wire it up to when the key is on its automatic on?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so your wanting power for when the key is off but want to wire it up to when the key is on its automatic on?

I want to wire it where even when the key is on I can turn the switch to off and shut everything off or I can switch it on with key on and power it on. But I can also turn the key off and switch it to the other side of switch and power my accessories.

Kindve using it as a master switch essentially

CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I am dreaming of here lol. NCDragon21 on YouTube it will get you an idea of what I want to do.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
oh yeah just run the one from the key switch to 1 side and battery to the other side . then run a both to a the relay or what ever your powering. you can jump the wire over and just leave the switch with 1 wire. if i remember correctly. i did something similar a while back. View attachment 174844

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
wait that way he doesnt have to jump from 2 over does he since hes running everything on 1 side of the switch?

advertisement
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
yeah dont do it my way i forgot about dual polarity with a constant ground set up. do it his way.

Reactions: Haldog77
CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another way is to NOT jump to 2.
Instead have the power return from the fuse box then jump around to all your switches.
So is would still be ok to wire it as you orginally stated though?

Jump 5 to 2 then run a wire from those two to the stinger isolator?

Just trying to be clear so I can understand lol

CoachRoss07

CoachRoss07

Aug 13, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah dont do it my way i forgot about dual polarity with a constant ground set up. do it his way.

Thanks alan very much man. I appreciate your fast response buddy. This website has been a lifesaver for me because of people like you. Thanks again buddy!

Reactions: TripleB
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks alan very much man. I appreciate your fast response buddy. This website has been a lifesaver for me because of people like you. Thanks again buddy!
no problem just dont follow my photo. for some reason i was thinking a dual polarity constant ground and was ignoring half the diagram. although i think itll still work that way but the lights might not be correct. honda sxs got this one. for ya.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
no problem just dont follow my photo. for some reason i was thinking a dual polarity constant ground and was ignoring half the diagram. although i think itll still work that way but the lights might not be correct. honda sxs got this one. for ya.

Ya. Top light would be on both ways.
But the relay would trigger right.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I still don’t understand how to wire this switch correctly? Pls help
That picture is about as simple as u can make it. 7 goes to ground. 4 goes to key on power source. 6 goes straight to your second battery. 2 jumps to 5 then goes to small post on your stinger. Other small post on stinger goes to ground. One big post on your stinger goes to 2nd battery. The other big post on your stinger goes to fuse block.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!