P1000 Won’t start..

J

JTW

Update... Dad took his machine in and it was the spark plugs. They tried saying it was due to water.... (this is after they did their service on it 2 weeks earlier) but that's not possible nor the issue. The plugs just fouled. My guess is they didn’t physically check them as the machine started and ran just fine and they’re kind of a pain to get to. Anyway... I was wrong on thinking the valve cover had to come off. I’ll have to check mine out and see what I need for a plug change to toss in the tool box. Be a b**** to be out on the trail and this happen. Like I said... it ran fine, no trouble starting or running until it just didn’t.

J

JTW

Good to hear it was nothing major and an easy fix. Hadn't thought about carrying spare plugs.
I hadn’t either until seeing how his machine acted... I was there when he parked it and it sounded fine. No warning, just wouldn’t start. Turned over fine... but no ignition.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hadn’t either until seeing how his machine acted... I was there when he parked it and it sounded fine. No warning, just wouldn’t start. Turned over fine... but no ignition.
Thays just crazy, it's always the little s*** that can drive you the most insane.

Reactions: TimG, BWAF and JTW
J

JTW

Are the iridium? I've actually never seen one foul. But as the saying goes, tires or tits...
I dunno... I agree that it’s “unusual” my thing is it was all of the sudden and for no real apparent reason. So, I’ll be adding some spares to my kit. It’s too easy a fix to get out somewhere and have that get you down.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m really surprised to see a fowled plug on a fi newer Honda. That’s weird. My ol CRF is still running factory plug at 14 yo and it’s carb...

T

Tommyp

Dec 2, 2017
Covington La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did almost the same thing, would hardly start and begin missing when it did. Smelled fuel out the exhaust. Looked to be the front cylinder missing. Brought it to the dealer and same diagnosis, fouled plugs. They replaced them and been fine so far, but haven’t ridden it much.

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I dunno... I agree that it’s “unusual” my thing is it was all of the sudden and for no real apparent reason. So, I’ll be adding some spares to my kit. It’s too easy a fix to get out somewhere and have that get you down.
Ya, no symptoms makes me nervous.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!