P1000 wont move

D

Dejapollo

Jan 1, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I rebuilt the engine on a 2018 pioneer 1000. put it all back together now when i put it in HIGH it says 2 and it wont move forward or backwards.
Before the rebuild it would engage and actually move in forward and reverse. Also the AT/MT switch doesnt work. I appreciate any help.

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
rebuilt the engine on a 2018 pioneer 1000
Welcome from Michigan run by The Putrid Swamp

We need alot more info from you. Why you rebuilt the motor, miiles, trans ever been swamped and most importantly pics of rhe rig. once we have this info we can help u further. Onltherwise were just throwing darts with blinders on.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Reactions: Backwoods
D

Dejapollo

Jan 1, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan run by The Putrid Swamp

We need alot more info from you. Why you rebuilt the motor, miiles, trans ever been swamped and most importantly pics of rhe rig. once we have this info we can help u further. Onltherwise were just throwing darts with blinders on.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
I purchased it from an online auction, got it to the house and it was banging on the bottom end. Tore it apart and found out the main bearing were trashed. I did end up finding water in the transfer case. it has 1700 miles on it. The transmission may of been swamped but when i tore it apart i didnt find any water in it. when it did run before the rebuild it actually did go in drive and reverse. When I push the switch on the dash for automatic and manual it doesnt change anything. i tried the relearn procedure for the clutch but that didnt work either. Strange when i put it in HIGH the dash says 2 as if im in manual mode.

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I am thinking u have the service manual, I believe there was a specific method to get the shift position indicator in the right position.

kudos to get it rebuilt and running

D

Dejapollo

Jan 1, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am thinking u have the service manual, I believe there was a specific method to get the shift position indicator in the right position.

kudos to get it rebuilt and running
Yeah I have the service manual and the thing runs great and doesnt have any dash lights on. When put in the gear the wheels bump as if all is fine but when u give it gas they dont roll. I dont have any pictures of the actual rebuild, just some buddies of mine helping me. They are GM techs and seem to do a good job. I think its something electrical.

20221231 152022 20221231 121719 20221231 123456 20221231 132638

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did end up finding water in the transfer case
Water is the Dagger to hart of these machines especially the DCT. Im thinking you have a major issue in that. I wouldn't trust it after what u found with the motor. With the issue the motor had, just think what that DCT went through.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I rebuilt the engine on a 2018 pioneer 1000. put it all back together now when i put it in HIGH it says 2 and it wont move forward or backwards.
Before the rebuild it would engage and actually move in forward and reverse. Also the AT/MT switch doesnt work. I appreciate any help.
I thought it was in limp mode when it stays in 2nd gear but I could be wrong.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!