Talon Won't shift over 6k rpm

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
If it does need to go back to the shop....I'd suggest a different shop. ;)
E9F4BA9E 37EA 49C6 81C2 EE9BCA74CED4

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many shops do you know who eat the cost of work that the manufacturer denied?
The ones that f*** it up on their own. There is at least one other thread on here. That dealership left a fuel line loose and set a Pioneer on fire shortly after the service.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Sounds like these guys are fresh to the SXS game and are owning up to their lack of experience.

It sounds like their really trying but just dont know enough to make an educated guess.

They've basically said that almost every time I've talked to them about it.

It's always funny to me that these type of shops refuse to Google things like this. I know there is a lot of bs out there, but there is a lot of good info also. This thread is a perfect example. You got useless posts from a few, but then a few basically figured out the issue with out being anywhere near the machine.

H

HondaTech

They've basically said that almost every time I've talked to them about it.

It's always funny to me that these type of shops refuse to Google things like this. I know there is a lot of bs out there, but there is a lot of good info also. This thread is a perfect example. You got useless posts from a few, but then a few basically figured out the issue with out being anywhere near the machine.

That has helped me a few times, helps to know if someone has already figured out a similar issue before that could help lead you in the right direction. Since the unit wasnt doing this before they worked on it, that would've been the first place I checked. Retracing your steps can most often fix the problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!