P1000 Won't Start

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
So I got my new 1000-3 and I had it for about a week or two. did not drive it much because of the weather. maybe had 15 miles on it. I decided to take it to the dealer and install a windshield and soft roof and back. I go to start it to put it on the trailer and it would not start right away. it acted like the battery was dead. it cranked and cranked and finally started. took it to the dealer and of course would not do it there right away. finally got it to do it there and they replaced the battery for me. yesterday went out and it started right up and drove it about 10 miles. got home and shut it off and went to start it again and it did the same thing. whats going on? could I have a bad alternator or is it something else?

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
So I got my new 1000-3 and I had it for about a week or two. did not drive it much because of the weather. maybe had 15 miles on it. I decided to take it to the dealer and install a windshield and soft roof and back. I go to start it to put it on the trailer and it would not start right away. it acted like the battery was dead. it cranked and cranked and finally started. took it to the dealer and of course would not do it there right away. finally got it to do it there and they replaced the battery for me. yesterday went out and it started right up and drove it about 10 miles. got home and shut it off and went to start it again and it did the same thing. whats going on? could I have a bad alternator or is it something else?
Sounds to me you have a lose connection staying hot and almost killing the battery just my thoughts. Check to see how much charge you are getting on your battery while running and that will cross of the magneto not charging if it is charging the battery.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Loose ground connection may be the likely culprit, a handful of other have had this as well. First check the main battery cables and then the GREEN wires which are grounds bolted to the frame. There is a few under the drivers seat hard to see and get to that have been found to been loose by other owners.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
Talked to Honda and they said the same thing Jackal. Thanks for the help I will check that first.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I'd also check the fuse box, I think someone said they had a wire that wasn't connected all the way in the one under the hood.

Bryan 22

Bryan 22

Lifetime Member
Jan 8, 2014
Northern Indiana
I have got a badass dealership that I have bought my 700 and now my 1000 from. The guy that owns it is coming over to my house tomorrow to look at it. He thinks Its a lose ground somewhere. Thanks for all the help we will look at everything.

Reactions: CashMoney

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!