• Thread starter ibleedjohndeeregreen
  • Start date
ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must start my first post by saying this forum is a huge bonus of purchasing a pioneer. I farm several thousand acres and have owned nothing but John Deere equipment. The gators have fallen so far behind in my opinion. That being said I bought a 1000-5 today. I plan to put some hard hours/miles on it. During the spring and summer I spray fence rows with my gator. First question. I will be hauling 50 gallons of water and chemical at a time running around 5-7mph. Would you run it in low? Second question. I won't have a windshield but will be on the pioneer 8 to 10 hours a day, does the heat under the seat become a issue with out a windshield? Third question. Where have you bought a rear view mirror you like? Thanks for any and all help.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry I am new and don't know how to edit my post. I have a fourth question. Has anyone been able to set up a pioneer to ride in between 30 inch rows?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would run low in manual 1 or 2nd gear. But once you get set up you'll have to see what works best for you. Rocky Mountain has a good rear view mirror. I've got a kolpin I like. I would probably put the insulation in. You can buy it at home depot. Or a guy on here sells it already cut to fit. And welcome to the forum! What state are you from?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes for that run low for sure. Yes heat will get you. For your application buy the under seat cover from @Bayouownbeer and how about a couple 12v fans? And a cooler with a couple cold ones? Congrats on the 1000! And welcome home

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club. Your blood doesn't look green to me. lol.
See if I can help with a few questions.
  1. Low or Hi... Both can handle it on flat ground. If on a hill or something I would defiantly do Low. I would maybe do manual to limit the sloshing around and maintain speed.
  2. No way you are on there for 10+ hours. lol... WOW. Seeing you are a farmer I guess you could. By the way, you definition of heat is totally different than others. But yes, you will fell heat. If it is tolerable to a farmer. My dad and grampa would say it was ok. I say its a little warm. wife says its too hot for her to ride. Solutions --> P1000 - 1000 seat heat shield for sale!
  3. here -- Amazon.com: utv mirror rear 1.75 Be sure to get one that comes down some like this one Amazon.com: Seizmik UTV Rear View Mirror - 1.75in. Clamp 18050: Automotive 1.75" will work if the clamp is light duty like most are. Actual bar size is like 1.77" or something.
  4. I havent a clue. But you will find the edit button soon enough.
Finally. Glad your spec of red blood is spreading. Soon we will have it through and through.
Ever have a question dont be afraid to hit us up.
thanks.

ibleedjohndeeregreen

ibleedjohndeeregreen

Jun 21, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well to be honest it usually isn't 10 straight hours. I will load up a tank go spray it off. Drive back to my shop and repeat. I usually take breaks. I live in central Iowa. Thanks again for all the great info

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You know @oilslick might be right about the bug buster I could see that as a bonus for you. Try this link and take a gander Bugbuster Windscreen

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes for that run low for sure. Yes heat will get you. For your application buy the under seat cover from @Bayouownbeer and how about a couple 12v fans? And a cooler with a couple cold ones? Congrats on the 1000! And welcome home
Thanks for promo

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I must start my first post by saying this forum is a huge bonus of purchasing a pioneer. I farm several thousand acres and have owned nothing but John Deere equipment. The gators have fallen so far behind in my opinion. That being said I bought a 1000-5 today. I plan to put some hard hours/miles on it. During the spring and summer I spray fence rows with my gator. First question. I will be hauling 50 gallons of water and chemical at a time running around 5-7mph. Would you run it in low? Second question. I won't have a windshield but will be on the pioneer 8 to 10 hours a day, does the heat under the seat become a issue with out a windshield? Third question. Where have you bought a rear view mirror you like? Thanks for any and all help.
Welcome to the club! I installed the EMP convex 1.75 rear view mirror and the Seizmik pursuit side mirror. I totally love the set up. Hit my neighbors mailbox at 30 and flipped the mirror in and my son just pushed it back out and it locked back to Zero.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!