P1000 New Fox shocks, how well will they work with my lift?

A

austincrow

Jan 11, 2021
Houston TX
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When I bought my pioneer it had the highlifter 3” lift and 30”mudlites. I would prefer to remove the lift but worried my 30” tires would rub the fenders. I just ordered my fox qs3’s and I am worried the lift is going to stretch those shocks by 3” more and I will lose ride quality.
1.a. Will the lift I have work with the standard Fox shocks or do I need to uograde springs?
1. should I remove the lift, will it drastically improve my ride?
2. will 30” tires without stretched a arms rub every time I hit a bump?
3. if I upgraded to streched a arms in the front would it be enough if I remove the lift? Or would I need to address the back also?

thanks for any input!

Reactions: TxDoc and Lady01
jtb33

jtb33

Apr 4, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm wondering the exact same things. Did you already do this?

Reactions: Lady01
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With stock a-arms you likely can't add enough preload for a good ride and tire clearance. With a bracket lift and fox shocks the ride will be stiffer than with offset arms and no lift.

Your best bet would be to run offset arms and no lift for good ride quality with 30" tires. Running fox shocks and stock springs will likely be fair stiff in the rear despite sagging ride height. Many forum members here have replaced the fox springs to improve ride quality and maintain ride height

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The highlifter won't "stretch" your new shocks but it is (by definition) a decrease in ride quality because it changes the geometry of your shocks, making them run more vertical (like pogo sticks) instead of angled like they should be.

You're in for big ride improvement with the foxes, but the bracket lift would be working against you.

So, forward front arms will get you the clearance you need for the 30s, and you should be good in the back with some preload (I think - I haven't run this...)

Preload is more effective on the foxes in the front than it is on the rear, however. Stay tuned, I'm going to do a write-up on that based on my work last night.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!