Working for a living...

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I fly a 737 for a small airline in Canada. Yes it’s definitely a strange year. The aviation industry has been destroyed up here by our governments decision’s. I can’t wait for things to change so we can get people like you back in the air.

Nice i repaired, built and modified commercial military and business aircraft for 10 years. I traveled all over the US until the wife got sick of being on the road. I touched many 737's, 757's 727's, dc-9's, md-88's and a few airbus planes. The manuals for the airbus had to be translated it was in French. I wanted to put widebodys on my resume the repair stations I frequented didn't have big enough hangars to house them.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I fly a 737 for a small airline in Canada. Yes it’s definitely a strange year. The aviation industry has been destroyed up here by our governments decision’s. I can’t wait for things to change so we can get people like you back in the air.
I got to fly in a 4 seat Sky Master years back, it was a blast, we had high cross winds that day, taking off and landing was a hoot.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a friend that used to work for Pratt Whitney, he had to retire at 58 to keep from losing his retirement, far cry from the years of Mt Whitney blowing and the ash eating up jet engines.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone in construction knows it's hard, dirty work. Freeze in the winter and bake in the summer. It also becomes monotonous when you've been doing it forever so guys come up with creative ways to make the day go by. Thought you guys might enjoy this story...
Old journeyman snapping layout lines on a slab, greenhorn apprentice helping him holding the dumb end. Old guy asks the kid if he'd ever seen his tumor, lifts his shirt and has a big knot in the belly area. The kid is like OMG and starts asking him questions about it, is it cancer, does it hurt, is it hard...old guy tells him to give it a poke. Kid says nah, old guy insists, go ahead just poke it with your finger. Kid does it, then the old man pulls out his waist band out and lets his saggy nuts drop back down in his pants.
Lol, made him touch it! 🤣

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Gotcha covered, top to bottom...

IMG 20211123 165116516 HDR

Sprd69

Sprd69

Jul 24, 2021
Texarkana Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can't post any pics but 26 years at a tire plant. We we were just bought out by Goodyear. I'm not too happy with Goodyear policies but I'm just a peon in the Grand scheme of things. I'm at the age where I have learned to get along for my piece of mind. Come on retirement!!

Reactions: JenElio
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Can't post any pics but 26 years at a tire plant. We we were just bought out by Goodyear. I'm not too happy with Goodyear policies but I'm just a peon in the Grand scheme of things. I'm at the age where I have learned to get along for my piece of mind. Come on retirement!!
So you were with Cooper Tire? IIRC, they were one of the last tire manufacturers in the US, right?

Sprd69

Sprd69

Jul 24, 2021
Texarkana Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, you played the game well Josh ...... lol

So you were with Cooper Tire? IIRC, they were one of the last tire manufacturers in the US, right?
Yes sir. Cooper Tire is right. I don't know what is going to happen with us but I really think they will keep the Cooper name. We are based in the the U.S. but have foreign plants also. My Dad had 31 year's with Cooper so I hope at least Goodyear will honer his retirement.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Cheap Ebay radiator in a 2013 Chevy Craptiva failed in less than a year. Blew the tank out from the crimp, and barely even moved the tangs...

20221228 124308
20221228 124300

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Cheap Ebay radiator in a 2013 Chevy Craptiva failed in less than a year. Blew the tank out from the crimp, and barely even moved the tangs...

View attachment 367844View attachment 367845
But think how much money they saved...

I tend to do OEM parts, no need to do the job twice.
But I am always intrigued to see the sales copy telling me it has the same quality as OEM.
Have they ever seen the OEM specification test documents?
I'm guessing not.....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!