Cheers.. I’m transferring gigs of info now.. Can’t get away!! 🤬

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We put long days in but, is very rewarding getting to talk and know people. I have met some great people on this forum as well. We love making products and seeing how happy it makes our customers.

2 WHEEL SPACERS Shop4

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey!!! You see my package in the back. Jokes aside, those r some amazing trucks. Specially the ones who get the rural routes with miles of shell road. Then you get to hammer em back together. 👍
Yea they get a beating good ole 4.8 and 6.0 gm with allison are tough as nails. gotta few trucks that get a 11day turnaround on oil changes

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need a job....otherwise it’s any ole day in the forest office...I’m anxious to get back to work, it’s been over a month.
257FB3A3 F7D3 4AE4 9D5F C05212451C73
408D35F7 39C4 48EA A32F CF1D6D0154CD
93310421 6645 42AB 86AC 46A42B7E9656
A9909235 513B 4645 9566 1D957161FCEC
215EA0A4 78E2 445A 8993 72DDAA09A921
68EAB2AF 1949 42C5 ACB9 2F695272D28B
F07A3C54 CF30 4997 BB76 4ED59FA511D2
EA2D1DAC FA9B 43D0 B7D7 E1427D4695BB
765A82CA 51AD 4758 AE67 BE135417B65C

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I give props to guys like @trigger that can run a job on schedule. Jobs like the one im at now, F***'em!!! This guy been after me to get on site for 2 weeks!! "Come over we're ready for you, got about 4k LF of ship lap that goes on these overhangs and soffit" come over we're ready they said.
20201028 100854 HDR

🤬🤬Don't look F****N ready to me!! That's my material there burried under crap and they just started to sheath the trusses and the temp beams holding the dang overhang are still there 🤦‍♂️

Ok rant over, my apologies.

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I give props to guys like @trigger that can run a job on schedule. Jobs lile the one im at now, F***'em!!! This guy been after me to get on site for 2 weeks!! "Come over we're ready for you, got about 4k LF of ship lap that goes on these overhangs and soffit" come over we're ready they said.
View attachment 232458
🤬🤬Don't look F****N ready to me!! That's my material there hurried under crap and they just started to sheath the trusses and the temp beams holding the dang overhang are still there 🤦‍♂️

You’ve earned my permission to kick them in the nutsack. FWIW

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I give props to guys like @trigger that can run a job on schedule. Jobs like the one im at now, F***'em!!! This guy been after me to get on site for 2 weeks!! "Come over we're ready for you, got about 4k LF of ship lap that goes on these overhangs and soffit" come over we're ready they said.
View attachment 232458
🤬🤬Don't look F****N ready to me!! That's my material there hurried under crap and they just started to sheath the trusses and the temp beams holding the dang overhang are still there 🤦‍♂️

The new wave of project managers and superintendents that went to a six month class to become unqualified for the position they have drives me nuts. There are a couple big contractors that we use to work for I didn't want to work with any more, when one of there estimators would request a bid from me, I would ask how many days / months they had allowed for the entire project and I would figure three men for that duration, plus materials and stipulate if they wanted pay request on a AIA form, they could do it, add 13% to my bid if they held 10% retainage. In fact I don't sign contracts any more and have completed a four story commercial building on the Fayetteville Square this week, no contract!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 232458

Been watching this thread and saw that you were a carpenter, thought about responding then but try not to talk shop. That's how I started, residential framing. Did my apprenticeship and was union and non union for over 10 yrs.
Coming from the trades, I know what it's like to get burned and make it a point not to treat my guys that way. That usually comes from the top, some project manager barking that you have to get it started whether you're ready or not. Some super's don't have the balls to tell them no, especially the green horns so they go ahead and make that call.
Keep in mind it goes the other way too though. Trades telling me they'll be ready several weeks in advance and then don't show. Tell my guys out of the gate, you can BS the white collars but don't BS me. Hell I'll even cover for you if you're going to be a little late finishing another job. They know if they lie to me they're going to lose their a**.
Handling critical situations in a high pressure atmosphere is the hardest part of the job. Had a couple foreman's in my trailer recently that straight up hate each other. Cussing and screaming and ready to go to blows, both were bigger than me and PISSED! Another super was in there when it started, he walked out and I saw him meet up with the PM, both knew what was going on and wandered off. I had to get louder and tell them how this was going to proceed, neither was happy because they both had to compromise. When it was over the job was running like a machine again and everyone was happy. Then the PM and other super came back in the trailer and it was my turn to go off! 🤬

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Been watching this thread and saw that you were a carpenter, thought about responding then but try not to talk shop. That's how I started, residential framing. Did my apprenticeship and was union and non union for over 10 yrs.
Coming from the trades, I know what it's like to get burned and make it a point not to treat my guys that way. That usually comes from the top, some project manager barking that you have to get it started whether you're ready or not. Some super's don't have the balls to tell them no, especially the green horns so they go ahead and make that call.
Keep in mind it goes the other way too though. Trades telling me they'll be ready several weeks in advance and then don't show. Tell my guys out of the gate, you can BS the white collars but don't BS me. Hell I'll even cover for you if you're going to be a little late finishing another job. They know if they lie to me they're going to lose their a**.
Handling critical situations in a high pressure atmosphere is the hardest part of the job. Had a couple foreman's in my trailer recently that straight up hate each other. Cussing and screaming and ready to go to blows, both were bigger than me and PISSED! Another super was in there when it started, he walked out and I saw him meet up with the PM, both knew what was going on and wandered off. I had to get louder and tell them how this was going to proceed, neither was happy because they both had to compromise. When it was over the job was running like a machine again and everyone was happy. Then the PM and other super came back in the trailer and it was my turn to go off! 🤬
Nothing works better than a bull rush at a PM!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What plane(s) do you fly? And are you a Commercial/Freight/Private/Military pilot?

I love flying. I could certainly do without a lot of the stuff that surrounds commercial air travel but the actual flying part I love. I’m not a pilot but I managed to get over a half million flight miles with weekly work trips over a decade. I don’t miss being gone all the time but I do miss flying.

PropsR4Boats

PropsR4Boats

Sep 10, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What plane(s) do you fly? And are you a Commercial/Freight/Private/Military pilot?

I love flying. I could certainly do without a lot of the stuff that surrounds commercial air travel but the actual flying part I love. I’m not a pilot but I managed to get over a half million flight miles with weekly work trips over a decade. I don’t miss being gone all the time but I do miss flying.

I fly a 737 for a small airline in Canada. Yes it’s definitely a strange year. The aviation industry has been destroyed up here by our governments decision’s. I can’t wait for things to change so we can get people like you back in the air.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!