DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
One guy can really screw things up.

We let a guy go a few weeks ago because the owner's were having to send a lot of cars back he had worked on.
First thing I did was the car he'd just "finished", a Nissan frontier that got a radiator because of the common tranny cooler failure. Also got a new a/c line because he somehow broke it (seems like the straw as far as the owner's were concerned). Most guys get at least a few bolts tight...but not this guy. Every single bolt was left loose. It was almost like it was intentional...
Then there was greasy handprints on cars that seems to have been his trademark. No attempt to clean up.

Don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but i prep used/auction/repo cars for a dealer here, so most of this got caught before it got into public hands...but not a white caravan.
He did a tranny service on a 2003 caravan that was shifting oddly that didn't help the shifting, so I did a quick learn on it that fixed it. It leaked a puddle where he parked it (should have been a warning), so he redid it. It got sold, and after a month or so the owner called and said it had "lost its fluid" and wouldn't move.

So we sent a rollback and got it in. No drive...but there was plenty of fluid, and the engine would only go to stall speed, so it became apparent that the tranny was locked solid.
We simply order a good used unit, and while removing the old one I can see why it died. Pan had enough RTV for 10 pans, with a good inch extending inside the pan. Some of this undoubtedly broke loose and got sucked up.
To help offset this, he omitted the o ring on the filter, so I doubt it was ever getting enough fluid. Totally trashed because of half-assed repair work.

The guy was nice enough and got along with everyone, but after spending the last few weeks fixing his f*** ups, it's clear he has NO business working on cars. What a mess!

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
One guy can really screw things up.

We let a guy go a few weeks ago because the owner's were having to send a lot of cars back he had worked on.
First thing I did was the car he'd just "finished", a Nissan frontier that got a radiator because of the common tranny cooler failure. Also got a new a/c line because he somehow broke it (seems like the straw as far as the owner's were concerned). Most guys get at least a few bolts tight...but not this guy. Every single bolt was left loose. It was almost like it was intentional...
Then there was greasy handprints on cars that seems to have been his trademark. No attempt to clean up.

Don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but i prep used/auction/repo cars for a dealer here, so most of this got caught before it got into public hands...but not a white caravan.
He did a tranny service on a 2003 caravan that was shifting oddly that didn't help the shifting, so I did a quick learn on it that fixed it. It leaked a puddle where he parked it (should have been a warning), so he redid it. It got sold, and after a month or so the owner called and said it had "lost its fluid" and wouldn't move.

So we sent a rollback and got it in. No drive...but there was plenty of fluid, and the engine would only go to stall speed, so it became apparent that the tranny was locked solid.
We simply order a good used unit, and while removing the old one I can see why it died. Pan had enough RTV for 10 pans, with a good inch extending inside the pan. Some of this undoubtedly broke loose and got sucked up.
To help offset this, he omitted the o ring on the filter, so I doubt it was ever getting enough fluid. Totally trashed because of half-assed repair work.

The guy was nice enough and got along with everyone, but after spending the last few weeks fixing his f*** ups, it's clear he has NO business working on cars. What a mess!
That right there is why I've always figured out how to work on my own vehicles, guns, electronics, etc. My father brought his Silverado into the dealership for what looked like a leak from the oil pan (might have been a recall?). Anyway, he got in it to leave the dealership and it said he had low oil. Checked it and it had plenty of oil so he crawled under it right there in the parking lot of the service department and found this:

V0WD5DNJMmbnIP5jDNMjkpWJaCr6XXtWQUSHf7jNyDka6EkTs57oIh3oJORomOpMyGE UiJ09sZgXhWqI2w703 h937 no

They never hooked the sensor back up and neglected to tighten the transmission bolt. He told the service manager, who gave him a coupon for a free oil change... Because you'd obviously bring your vehicle back to this place for service right?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had to run the the puller this week, Alabama should be in good shape next year. We have seven construction crews between Tuscaloosa, Jackson, Auburn . All new everything. And back to GA at the first of the year finally. I've seen enough over here
20191008 132913
20191008 132918

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
2008 Grand Prix. No crank, no start. No signal to starter. At least 2 others have taken a look at it and declared the PCM to be at fault, or couldn't figure it out...and left it in quite a shambles...

20191015 141152
20191015 141202
20191015 141232

So I took a look. The pins to the start relay were tweaked open, and it's fixed and running.

So now I'm like...
Giphy

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I get to go home Thursday afternoon I been gone 2 weeks , we finally get to go back on our 4 day work weeks starting Monday. I'll get some good pics out here . We moved to the auburn end.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
20191017 072018
Its good to be home . I took a few pics this morning.
20191017 071758
this is a sweet machine . You have to test and be certified to run it . It I increases your pay but you carry all the liability if some thing goes wrong.
20191017 091509
I also run the pressure digger . It will drill up to a 72 inch hole 27 feet deep. On this part they will be 54 diameter

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here is a brand new sub station and brand new right of way . We will start setting poles next week
20191017 111926
20191017 111813
here are the blocks for pulling wire. They weigh 186 lbs each there is a bar you clip on if you have to string the pull ropes with a helicopter.
20191017 111934
it's a hard job but it has been good to me

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I build transmission lines for a living . I am a crane operator. We are currently building 50 miles of line in the Tuscaloosa, Fosters area of Alabama . Here's a new 140 H frame weighs 77,000lbs per pole . The steel tower is what it replaced , it crumpled on the ground now.View attachment 149857 View attachment 149858 View attachment 149859where I spend a lot of my workday. But I have many other duties as well.
Did u get in on any of the "pre-rusted" transmission towers that went across the southern part of Florida back in the day. That r now having to be replaced again. 🤷‍♂️ Have a kid up on the Pensacola outtage now. Sounds like a mess, turbines were running when they went underwater, basement flooded.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did u get in on any of the "pre-rusted" transmission towers that went across the southern part of Florida back in the day. That r now having to be replaced again. 🤷‍♂️ Have a kid up on the Pensacola outtage now. Sounds like a mess, turbines were running when they went underwater, basement flooded.
The only time I go to Florida is for the Hurricanes. we have lots of people there I know the are going to build 180 miles across North Florida. But other than that that's not my work area

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I’m a Senior Pipeline Designer - Mapping & GIS for an major gas transmission company. As a member of the USPO Design and Drafting team supporting Engineering Services, I provide quality and timely design drafting support for pipeline projects, as well as engineering and design standards. I also provide support, guidance, and quality control for 3rd party survey and design, as required.

I develop pipeline alignment sheets, environmental conservation and reclamation sheets, crossing plans for acquiring permit approval, and related pipeline construction drawings. Perform QA/QC of survey and design deliverables. Collaborate with customers in Project Engineering, Project Delivery, Integrity Services, Operations, Technical Services, Storage, Legal and others to assure customer satisfaction. I work closely with the pipeline Project Engineer in the development of project design mapping and design drawing requirements, including scoping and estimating of project as well as gathering necessary field information. Create necessary billing of materials as needed per project requirements and scope. Research existing files and databases for map, field notes, and information needed to complete mapping. I oversee that project drawing packages are printed and issued with appropriate engineering signatures. Communicate with outside agencies such as highway departments and third party engineering firms to obtain electronic files of their drawings to use as base maps. Complete, or oversee the completion of appurtenant facility as-built drawings during and after construction completion. Make necessary visits to construction site before, during and after construction. Evaluate and recommend hardware/software as well as procedures to enable the group to work more effectively.

That's a mouth full.. NO HOMO!!

Creating an abandonment plan with CAD Civil 3D while keeping up with the club.
58B66A06 9625 4BCE 85F3 804E4900EACD

Commenting on 3rd party designs to meet our Specifications and Standards.
E2549CEF 1401 43FD 8645 094A911C246C

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You e
I’m a Senior Pipeline Designer - Mapping & GIS for an major gas transmission company. As a member of the USPO Design and Drafting team supporting Engineering Services, I provide quality and timely design drafting support for pipeline projects, as well as engineering and design standards. I also provide support, guidance, and quality control for 3rd party survey and design, as required.

I develop pipeline alignment sheets, environmental conservation and reclamation sheets, crossing plans for acquiring permit approval, and related pipeline construction drawings. Perform QA/QC of survey and design deliverables. Collaborate with customers in Project Engineering, Project Delivery, Integrity Services, Operations, Technical Services, Storage, Legal and others to assure customer satisfaction. I work closely with the pipeline Project Engineer in the development of project design mapping and design drawing requirements, including scoping and estimating of project as well as gathering necessary field information. Create necessary billing of materials as needed per project requirements and scope. Research existing files and databases for map, field notes, and information needed to complete mapping. I oversee that project drawing packages are printed and issued with appropriate engineering signatures. Communicate with outside agencies such as highway departments and third party engineering firms to obtain electronic files of their drawings to use as base maps. Complete, or oversee the completion of appurtenant facility as-built drawings during and after construction completion. Make necessary visits to construction site before, during and after construction. Evaluate and recommend hardware/software as well as procedures to enable the group to work more effectively.

View attachment 231997

View attachment 231999
ever deal with SSCGP

Backwoods

Backwoods

Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 231997

View attachment 231999
Good catch on the NO HOMO

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Dang! All you guys with fancy job descriptions and what not 😂😂
I'm just a good ol' carpenter 🤷‍♂️ and loving it!
Most of the time I got hard wood and spend all day nailing 😉

😂😂😂😂😂 (no homo)

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Dang! All you guys with fancy job descriptions and what not 😂😂
I'm just a good ol' carpenter 🤷‍♂️ and loving it!
Most of the time I got hard wood and spend all day nailing 😉

😂😂😂😂😂 (no homo)
That’s what’s up JE.. We all gotta do what we gotta do to go to make money and come home safely everyday.. If it weren’t for everyone of us in this club (& els-ware) making their contribution to society our infrastructure would come to a screeching halt.. 💯😉🇺🇸🇺🇸

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!