Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious, do any of you run some added weight in the bed while using the plow?
Like @Dasmoeturhead mentioned, playing with tire pressure will help with traction. Some ballast will help, but I have no idea how much. Start with 100lbs and see how it reacts.

Reactions: alloutdoors
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Like @Dasmoeturhead mentioned, playing with tire pressure will help with traction. Some ballast will help, but I have no idea how much. Start with 100lbs and see how it reacts.
Two 30 packs and a little ice works for me! Just kidding, we haven't had any measurable snow in years, but the last one was a two footer, that was cool!

M

MTLuckyDan

Jun 18, 2018
US
Even one set of chains would solve the traction issue. I am going to run a set of diamond chains on the back & v-bars on the front. My road ends up solid ice at some point & neighbors driveway is steep so no room for out of control. Chains also help with that heavy wet snow or slush...especially stacking the banks.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dasmoeturhead,
I live in WNC, we got the same snow and melting freezing conditions. 14-16" first day. Little melt then 2" more, then melt and a hard freeze.

Now power from Sat to Tuesday. Pioneer did great though!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!