P1000 Working it.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Putting the P3 to work plowing for the 4th winter. Still doing great just like it did in 2016. Life would be much harder around here without my Honda.
1210180903 HDR

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Putting the P3 to work plowing for the 4th winter. Still doing great just like it did in 2016. Life would be much harder around here without my Honda. View attachment 97189
Wow, you’re getting that snow in east Tenn now??? Glad that Honda’s making life more pleasant there!! ;)

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Wow..... I surprised by the level of snow in that part of the country, but it does look like you are prepared and having some fun :)

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Curious, do any of you run some added weight in the bed while using the plow?

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I assume in East TN, you are dealing with heavy snow vs. powder/fluffy stuff?

Reactions: sharp
M

MTLuckyDan

Jun 18, 2018
US
I am planning on running 2-3 dry sand tubes for counterweight but still getting my rig set up. I think it would be advisable given the plow, winch &bumper right on the nose. 15 degrees sounds ideal plowing weather...Snow will be nice & dry...

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

advertisement
D

Dasmoeturhead

It started out fluffy, then got wet, then froze. I was pushing a foot of snow or less, but there was a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice on the gravel. It was weird pushing ice sheets with snow on top. I had to let some air out of the year old Terribites 3 times before they would work good. Not sure what the psi ended up being but the tires have a bulge in them. Probably around 6 or 7 pounds. I counted to 10 while lowering pressure, and did that 3 times. I just wanted to get home and get warm.
4 years of plowing wirh just a roof and windshield, and of course Honda's built in heater, to keep my Butt thawed out. Lol. A full cab would be nice, but way out of this old Hillbillys budjet.
Take care all, and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I assume in East TN, you are dealing with heavy snow vs. powder/fluffy stuff?
Yeah it started out that way, then it got heavy and wet, then the temps went up,into the low 40's. Then it froze again. It a mess. Now they say we're going to get some heavy rain in the next few days. That's likely to cause flooding. Im at 3,000 ft of elevation, and we get a lot of severe mountain weather year round.

Reactions: sharp
D

Dasmoeturhead

Wow, you’re getting that snow in east Tenn now??? Glad that Honda’s making life more pleasant there!! ;)
Seriously the Honda is a life saver. I'm sure other brands would work fine also, but my P3 is a tank. It kinda reminds me,of the old Willis Jeeps, it just gets the job done with no frills. I pretty much just expect it to handle anything I throw at it, and it complies, with a powerful grunt. You couldn't convince me there's a better machine out there. A warmer one yes, but not as capable.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Yeah it started out that way, then it got heavy and wet, then the temps went up,into the low 40's. Then it froze again. It a mess. Now they say we're going to get some heavy rain in the next few days. That's likely to cause flooding. Im at 3,000 ft of elevation, and we get a lot of severe mountain weather year round.
I'm sure it is a mess and hopefully gets better. On the bright side it is better than the alternative, drought/fire....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm sure it is a mess and hopefully gets better. On the bright side it is better than the alternative, drought/fire....
Agreed, wish we’d get that kind of snow over here again...use to.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Great response, but was thinking of possible sand bags in the rear to help in the load pressure on the front... I have no idea how it works via Honda recommendations and only thinking of what I do on a tractor and inquiring....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!