WTH was Chevy thinking??

P

PNWGuy

The new 2020 Chevy pickups are out, and, Oh, My, God, are they fugly.

So the 1/2-ton versions aren't bad. Not attractive, but not offensive...

2019 Chevrolet Silverado RST exterior August 2018 Wyoming 002

But the 3/4-ton and 1-ton trucks are so incredibly ugly...

Seriously, what the hell was Chevy thinking? How could anyone actually bring themselves to buy such an incredibly hideous pickup?

I really don't see Chevy selling a lot of these and I suspect the aftermarket will come up with custom grilles, ASAP...

2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 042 1 1280x720

Hd 4

2020 silverado hd hero

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 143033

Seriously, what the hell was Chevy thinking? How could anyone actually bring themselves to buy such an incredibly hideous pickup?

I really don't see Chevy selling a lot of these and I suspect the aftermarket will come up with custom grilles, ASAP...

View attachment 143034

View attachment 143035

View attachment 143036

Looks like an incestuous government funded relationship happened right there. That family tree don't fork and has no branches.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Chevy engineers don't drive trucks, for example what kind of engineer would design that rear step in the tailgate that if you put it down with a hitch in your receiver it will destroy your bumper?

Your looking at this from the wrong (to chevy) perspective.
Very few truck owners actually tow anything with there truck, ever.
I have seen the actual numbers but just took a quick look at the net and I did not see any (lots of adds telling me I need to buy a bugger truck).

Welcome to 'gentrification' pickup truck style.

H

hemifoot

look at the 1500 if you can without throwing up.it looks like a ram and a tundra had some kind of bastard child.even the rebel is ugly as sin.i currently drive a ram 2500,but when it goes i'm not getting another one if they look like that.i like the fords better.they remind me of the old ranger square body .

Last edited by a moderator:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
look at the 1500 if you can without throwing up.it looks like a ram and a tundra had some kind of bastard child.even the rebel is ugly as sin.i currently drive a ram 2500,but when it goes i'm not getting another one if they look like that.i like the fords better.they remind me of the old ranger square body .
I guess it just goes to show different strokes for different folks...
I think the current Ram 1500 is the best looking truck ever made. 2nd best looking is the previous Gen RAM.
Honestly, all the current 1/2 tons are pretty good looking.

I'm pretty sure that 3/4 Chevy is modeled after one of the monsters in Nightbreed.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 143033

View attachment 143034

View attachment 143035

View attachment 143036
I can fore see a recall! That is the ugliest truck grill I've ever seen, period! Kinda reminds me of when Chevy came out the cat eye head lights!

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!