WTH was Chevy thinking??

H

hemifoot

that lexus grille is the ugliest grille ever put on anything,ever.still waiting for someone to post a hiphopper grill.

Reactions: Mudder and BWAF
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV

Meh.

Another f150 dude mobile with a bumper and the crappy uncomfortable, unrepairable cab and body.

I want a truck that I can actually put crap in the box without it peeling up the bed like a cheese grater...you know like pipe and bundles of t-posts and the such. Or filling with rock at the quarry with a loader, and not worrying about holes in the bed, or setting a motorcycle in the back with having to worry about the kickstand putting a hole in the bed. You know, things that trucks used to do the first day off the lot.

Just get / rent a trailer for hauling a few sheets of plywood etc. I often hear....wtf is the point of the truck then? I have many trailers, and use them when the load won’t fit in the bed. I see it all the time now...8x10 trailer in tow behind a new truck with 3-4 items that easily fit in the bed.

Might as well be driving a SUV or car if all your truck does is haul tiny trailers for loads that easily fit in the bed.

Different strokes for different folks. I could get past the looks if I knew the truck body could stand up to the normal work that trucks used to be able to do with out having to replace the bed with a flatbed.

Till that time I’ll stick with my 2016 “real” Superduty that doesn’t look like a F150 in any way.

5C04A6F4 1F25 4846 876D CEBDB3A85FED

Last edited:
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: BWAF
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Remember how badly GM bashed Ford for making an aluminum truck ? I knew this day would come, it was just a matter of time!!

View attachment 143364

It makes sense for weight reduction, not in the bed though, I'd rather have the weight.

advertisement
H

hemifoot

The alloy makeup of it like a T 6061 High tensile strength

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
my point.it's t 6061.there's no such thing as "military grade".call a metal supply and ask for "military grade" they will probably think your're a moron. my scope rail for my sks is made from billet aluminum.doesn't make it military grade.2,3,5,6,7.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chooglin

It makes sense for weight reduction, not in the bed though, I'd rather have the weight.
I prefer an all steel truck, but I also like better gas mileage. The aluminum body on the Ford trucks is a blessing for anyone living in Ohio or any other state's that spread salt on the roads in the winter. After 10-12 winters in Ohio , our vehicle's are pretty much rotted out!!!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!