VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When your combined weight is 30,000+#, THEN you can start bragging a LITTLE. 20K aint crap.
Elevation makes a difference but 10,000lbs is alot of weight difference for a ton pickup

Reactions: Mudwing
VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been told Ford is getting away from the 4 cam heads and going back to the push rod engines. Can anyone confirm? Have y'all looked at the 2020 mid engine Corvettes?
Yea I like the new vette, i think most do that aren't baby boomers, read alot of b!tching from them on how it's no longer a front engine car

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For now , give them a few years. GM is playing follow the leader ,they need time to catch up!!!!
Not sure any of them are playing follow the leader, or that gm wants to "catch" up

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
proving my point again.ford made up the tag line.prove 7 and 5 series aluminum were made initially for military purposes and i'll concede.don't make me do pointless homework;).military grade doesn't exist.
The “military grade” refers to the specs that military applications of 6,000 series alloy is used in.

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

The new 2020 Chevy pickups are out, and, Oh, My, God, are they fugly.

So the 1/2-ton versions aren't bad. Not attractive, but not offensive...

View attachment 143033

But the 3/4-ton and 1-ton trucks are so incredibly ugly...

Seriously, what the hell was Chevy thinking? How could anyone actually bring themselves to buy such an incredibly hideous pickup?

I really don't see Chevy selling a lot of these and I suspect the aftermarket will come up with custom grilles, ASAP...

View attachment 143034

View attachment 143035

View attachment 143036
People say this with every model change since I was of driving age, 30 years ago.

D

Deleted member 3748

Yeah, like it or not electric is coming!

That has to be 1/8th mile drags, 1/4 mile drags at that time require

-Roll cage is required on all vehicles at 9.99 and quicker or any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing. Roll cage must also be certified by NHRA every 3 years, and have a serialized sticker affixed prior to participation. The cage must be padded anywhere the driver's helmet may contact it while in the driving position. This style of cage is good til 8.50 1/4-mile times, then a funny car style cage is required.
See diagram below.

-Window net required (can be ribbon or mesh, no altering allowed unless done by manufacturer. No expiration date per 2008 NHRA rule book, but some have said 2 years on expiration/re-cert. Check with your local track or division).

-NHRA competition driver's license required, done by car designation (dragster, door car, etc). A physical, 2 NHRA licensed drivers to witness/sign your forms and minimum 6 runs are required.

-Flexplate SFI 29.1 and shield SFI 30.1 required (no expiration dates listed, but I believe the shield is 5 years)

-Protective Clothing (SFI jacket and pants with a 3.2A/5 rating, gloves and neck collar, no expiration date)

-Battery cutoff (regardless or whether battery is still up front or relocated to rear of vehicle)

-A full-face helmet is required with a minimum Snell K98 or M2000/SA2000 rating. Helmets last 12 years from their rating date (example a Snell 2005 would be good until 2017). Shield is permitted but not required. This rule posting is as it applies to cars like ours (closed body type). For open cars a different helmet ruling is required.

-A engine diaper is required at NHRA national and divisional races, local races vary, check with your division or track.

Reactions: trigger
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took that many eccoboost to pull it?

No they added 42 F-150s into the train cars and pulled that as well.

26AA870E 375D 46DD 8528 324E818CF3A2

Ford is innovative moving with new tech.

GM is resting on well I’m not sure ... their trucks are ugly their customer, service is crap, and the trucks themselves require you have to deal with their crappy customer service and 500 recalls a year.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Those mountain ranges can be killer on tow vehicles, and while you don't need the big diesels to get it done, the modern technology sure makes it effortless compared to 20 years ago.
If it’s not in the shop for a brutally expensive simple issue. Don’t mind me a truck of 20 year ago.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!