WTH was Chevy thinking??

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The new 2020 Chevy pickups are out, and, Oh, My, God, are they fugly.

So the 1/2-ton versions aren't bad. Not attractive, but not offensive...

View attachment 143033

But the 3/4-ton and 1-ton trucks are so incredibly ugly...

Seriously, what the hell was Chevy thinking? How could anyone actually bring themselves to buy such an incredibly hideous pickup?

I really don't see Chevy selling a lot of these and I suspect the aftermarket will come up with custom grilles, ASAP...

View attachment 143034

View attachment 143035

View attachment 143036
I am OK with them.

The GMC models look a lot better.
I agree.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like my 17 RAM 1500 CC, but keeping my 2000 chevy Z71 4wd as the dirty work truck cause it has an 8 foot bed. Used it yesterday to haul home 16 ft lumber and quickcrete back to the creek dock under construction.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
When your combined weight is 30,000+#, THEN you can start bragging a LITTLE. 20K aint crap.
That weight was dry weight of trailer only, fill it up with water, full, SXS beer and food at that to almost 8,000 pounds for truck then at 10-12 thousand foot elevation gain you have to go up I have all the bragging rights I need, we are not sea level boys here. Pulling a heavy load on relatively flat ground is a lot different than major mountain pulling.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
H

hemifoot

proving my point again.ford made up the tag line.prove 7 and 5 series aluminum were made initially for military purposes and i'll concede.don't make me do pointless homework;).military grade doesn't exist.

advertisement
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
That weight was dry weight of trailer only, fill it up with water, full, SXS beer and food at that to almost 8,000 pounds for truck then at 10-12 thousand foot elevation gain you have to go up I have all the bragging rights I need, we are not sea level boys here. Pulling a heavy load on relatively flat ground is a lot different than major mountain pulling.
Just think what you could do if you had an eco boost in that thang. ;)

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

IMG950559

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Meh.

Another f150 dude mobile with a bumper and the crappy uncomfortable, unrepairable cab and body.

I want a truck that I can actually put crap in the box without it peeling up the bed like a cheese grater...you know like pipe and bundles of t-posts and the such. Or filling with rock at the quarry with a loader, and not worrying about holes in the bed, or setting a motorcycle in the back with having to worry about the kickstand putting a hole in the bed. You know, things that trucks used to do the first day off the lot.

Just get / rent a trailer for hauling a few sheets of plywood etc. I often hear....wtf is the point of the truck then? I have many trailers, and use them when the load won’t fit in the bed. I see it all the time now...8x10 trailer in tow behind a new truck with 3-4 items that easily fit in the bed.

Might as well be driving a SUV or car if all your truck does is haul tiny trailers for loads that easily fit in the bed.

Different strokes for different folks. I could get past the looks if I knew the truck body could stand up to the normal work that trucks used to be able to do with out having to replace the bed with a flatbed.

Till that time I’ll stick with my 2016 “real” Superduty that doesn’t look like a F150 in any way.

View attachment 143127
OK! Now tell us how you really feel! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
but they had to dumb it down for prospective ford buyers so they would drink the kool aid.
Been told Ford is getting away from the 4 cam heads and going back to the push rod engines. Can anyone confirm? Have y'all looked at the 2020 mid engine Corvettes?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!