Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That has to be 1/8th mile drags, 1/4 mile drags at that time require

-Roll cage is required on all vehicles at 9.99 and quicker or any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing. Roll cage must also be certified by NHRA every 3 years, and have a serialized sticker affixed prior to participation. The cage must be padded anywhere the driver's helmet may contact it while in the driving position. This style of cage is good til 8.50 1/4-mile times, then a funny car style cage is required.
See diagram below.

-Window net required (can be ribbon or mesh, no altering allowed unless done by manufacturer. No expiration date per 2008 NHRA rule book, but some have said 2 years on expiration/re-cert. Check with your local track or division).

-NHRA competition driver's license required, done by car designation (dragster, door car, etc). A physical, 2 NHRA licensed drivers to witness/sign your forms and minimum 6 runs are required.

-Flexplate SFI 29.1 and shield SFI 30.1 required (no expiration dates listed, but I believe the shield is 5 years)

-Protective Clothing (SFI jacket and pants with a 3.2A/5 rating, gloves and neck collar, no expiration date)

-Battery cutoff (regardless or whether battery is still up front or relocated to rear of vehicle)

-A full-face helmet is required with a minimum Snell K98 or M2000/SA2000 rating. Helmets last 12 years from their rating date (example a Snell 2005 would be good until 2017). Shield is permitted but not required. This rule posting is as it applies to cars like ours (closed body type). For open cars a different helmet ruling is required.

-A engine diaper is required at NHRA national and divisional races, local races vary, check with your division or track.

Jesus! I just thought it was fast! :D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess it just goes to show different strokes for different folks...
I think the current Ram 1500 is the best looking truck ever made. 2nd best looking is the previous Gen RAM.
Honestly, all the current 1/2 tons are pretty good looking.

I'm pretty sure that 3/4 Chevy is modeled after one of the monsters in Nightbreed.

No... Squarebodys and Dentsides are the best looking trucks. Fatfenders second best looking.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They tried that look with the Colorado years ago, running lights above the headlights. I hated it then and now they've done it to the full size. The GMC's do look better and have for about the last 10 or 12 years now.

View attachment 143059
The tail lights are different now also.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had your vision checked lately?

I’m just saying no one gets excited over a 1988, 1998, 2008 truck...

50’s 60’s and 70’s trucks are better looking.
Nowhere near as luxurious but better looking.

DC685F09 AFD5 498F B846 3018797965DA
A975CE1A 0682 48DC 87AD 086A317B94E4

What I’ve got saved for ideas for a crewcab build.

P

PNWGuy

People say this with every model change since I was of driving age, 30 years ago.

I have to strongly disagree with that. That Chevy is simply a hideous design. I've been of driving age for 36 years, and there are very few vehicles that have come out that were universally despised. The new Dodge trucks in 1994 were very polarizing at the time for their "big rig" styling cues. As were the Super Duties in 1999 when they also copied Dodge and did the side window step down and stepped hood in order to cash in on Dodge's success with the semi-truck styling cues.

There is nothing revolutionary or status quo challenging about that design; it is simply ugly for ugly sake.

D

Deleted member 3748

I have to strongly disagree with that. That Chevy is simply a hideous design. I've been of driving age for 36 years, and there are very few vehicles that have come out that were universally despised. The new Dodge trucks in 1994 were very polarizing at the time for their "big rig" styling cues. As were the Super Duties in 1999 when they also copied Dodge and did the side window step down and stepped hood in order to cash in on Dodge's success with the semi-truck styling cues.

There is nothing revolutionary or status quo challenging about that design; it is simply ugly for ugly sake.
How do you feel about those 99 Super Duties now?

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Put the Chevy cat eye head lights on it from yesteryear and it would be banned from public streets, only legal after dark on non lighted areas! I bet Chevy comes out with a different grill package!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 143453
View attachment 143454

I agree that some of the coolest trucks built come fron the 70s. Love dodges from that era. And full sized jeeps. Even some Chevy's were pretty cool.

But those pics....
Eh... they're just Ford's....

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
No they added 42 F-150s into the train cars and pulled that as well.

View attachment 143452

Ford is innovative moving with new tech.

GM is resting on well I’m not sure ... their trucks are ugly their customer, service is crap, and the trucks themselves require you have to deal with their crappy customer service and 500 recalls a year.
Ah, taking those 42 back for service. I got ya. ;)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that some of the coolest trucks built come fron the 70s. Love dodges from that era. And full sized jeeps. Even some Chevy's were pretty cool.

Bot those pics....

I’d take a Chevy body from that era but drivetrain would be gone in favor of something heavier and a 5.9 for simplicity.

GMs customer service is my major beef with them.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

But those pics....
my buddy that owns a wrecking yard has this sitting there he’s offered me a really good deal. Very straight all original pickup. I was considering for a minute. I just don’t want Bowtie guys to compliment me lol
66DBF63A 0953 448D 880D E2C0BA76D6E7

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 143453
View attachment 143454

The 79 Fords are my favorite. I like the square headlights. I think the 78 rangers has them also.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
my buddy that owns a wrecking yard has this sitting there he’s offered me a really good deal. Very straight all original pickup. I was considering for a minute. I just don’t want Bowtie guys to compliment me lol
View attachment 143456
@GlockMeister

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!